Dates being blocked out from incorrect listing, unable to open them "blocked from VRBO"

Bo-and-Whitney0
Level 3
Meridian, ID

Dates being blocked out from incorrect listing, unable to open them "blocked from VRBO"

I have two listings, both are listed on Airbnb and VRBO. One of our listings has dates blocked off from a reservation on the other home. When i try to open these dates i get a message that says "dates are blocked from VRBO".  I've tried deleting all synced calendars as well as my pricing software, and when i try to open the dates it still says "blocked from VRBO".  How / Why would a reservation be pulling from the wrong listing?  I've quadruple checked that i'm copying the correct calendar link from VRBO when i do sync the calendars.   Right now i have 25 high demand dates being blocked off that shouldn't be.   I've tried contacted customer support from Airbnb and VRBO and nobody can get me a straight answer yet.  Has anyone else had this issue?

3 Replies 3

Hi @Bo-and-Whitney0 

Have had sync issues before with Vrbo and Airbnb, but not one listings reservations blocking a completely different listing. Some ideas:

1. Is it possible your pricing software is the culprit?

2. Are you using a channel manager 3rd party software?

3. When you delete the sync URL on Airbnb you also have to choose "disconnect calendar"

Joan2709_0-1722794873051.png

Thats all I can think of at the moment 🤔

Thank you for the response Joan! Yes i disconnected all calendars, un-synced my pricing software system, and Airbnb calendar still won't let me open the dates on my listing, which are the dates from a booking on a different listing. Pretty confused!

@Bo-and-Whitney0 

Ok...that is very strange!

Try logging off ALL devices (phone, computer,  Tablet, etc.

Delete the Airbnb App on your phone

Reinstall the Airbnb App on your phone (but don't login to App)

Login again on a computer using your EMAIL not your phone number

1. I'm assuming you have tried to unblock on both a computer and on the app on your phone?

2. You can also try changing your availability to "Unavailable by Default" on your calendar settings and then try to manually unblock the dates you want open (not just the dates in question, but any dates you want open).

3. Are you using Pro Tools? if not, try turning on Professional Tools in your account settings. Then use the multi-calendar (strip calendar) to try and unblock the dates 

4. Be sure you have disconnected the pricing software on their platform as well as on Airbnb. Sometimes those using PriceLabs Pricing Software don't realize they actually signed up for their channel manager partner IGMS (which I don't recommend BTW):

Joan2709_0-1722800483401.png