Denied air cover for reasons that objectively don’t make sense

Dragan2
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Denied air cover for reasons that objectively don’t make sense

I had a guest stay who broke some valves for a water heater 6 mo ago, it led to the water heater breaking, lost income, had cancellations, bad reviews, and multiple calls to repair techs one of which was requested by air bnb then got denied for air cover or any help at all from bnb, and impossible to get any answer aside from that they are “forwarding to a member that can better assist me”( which never happened except for to make me do things, then they close the convo and I have to start over) after six Months I’m still being given the run around and a few condescending agents making into a joke for their entertainment along the way  -  I paid to have someone go out and do a repair while the guest was there, he discovered it wouldn’t be possible/worth it. i provided all info and evidence to air bnb, was first told it was denied because the guest denied it was her (guest would have no way of knowing whether what she had done had caused the damage, she was unfamiliar with propane tanks & she broke a hose, which caused water to freeze inside of the unit and caused brittle piping to break, but who cares it’s beside the point, main thing is she wouldn’t have any idea any of that happened.) then was told that because i was not there to see her break the valve/unit that it was denied. I persisted because that doesn’t make sense, and after speaking with about 30-50 agents (literally) that all spun me in circles, telling me they’d forward it to a member of the team that “could better assist me” which six months later never led to much more than a follow up ending with the same message I was sent before about forwarding to someone that would “better assist me” even after I voiced my frustration to that individual agent about being told that same scripted sentence by every agent for going on six months now. I asked to speak with someone in the US as it was hard for me to communicate with one particular agent, they said they didn’t have anyone in the US to speak to, at any time, (felt highly untrue) but soon after that I was given a message from someone allegedly named “Jethro” and another called “Cleadus “ who both seemed to be the same people I had just interacted with, and there would be giggling going on from little “cleadus & or jethro”when I called trying to get help for months,!mentioned that I just wanted the things I had to be in working order, but the more I called to try to get help the more the agents would seem to be amused about the frustration. For six months I’ve been trying to get help, each time they say they’re sending to someone that can better assist, maybe Cleadus and jethro are giggling together reading this, and I hope they are because then at least someone got some amusement out of this because so far I’m stuck with over $740 in repairs, not to mention several bad reviews , cancellations, lost income and overall lost my super host status, while also spending money to have it looked at again only to be denied (was asked by air Bmb agent to get a more In depth Analysis of broken unit by a repair person, which cost money, was told it wasn’t good enough even though I screenshot that it included every single thing the air bnb agent had asked for, later she said because it didn’t have a date…- told her I could get a date out on there by the repair tech and then the agent closed the convo so I had to start over for the 30-50th time. 

3 Replies 3

I am of the opinion that there should be a higher level of escalation in the process.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

it was a little difficult to read your post due to it being one giant paragraph with little punctuation. I just do not have the attention span for this. You can try reaching out to Airbnb on social media. People have found it helpful in the past. Just make sure what you are posting is concise 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Dragan2 Based on the little I can understand from your post it is not at all clear that the guest broke anything and that it didn't just break through old age.