Does the St. Louis county or city needs business license?

Answered!
Kay1696
Level 2
St. Louis, MO

Does the St. Louis county or city needs business license?

Does the St. Louis county or city needs business license ? and/Or any other permits to run the the AirBnB business? 

1 Best Answer

@Kay1696 

I've found that not all information online is accurate/up to date. It takes an army of clerks to keep municipal websites up to date. May I recommend you go to the source? A call or visit to your city hall should clear this up for you. 

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Thanks. It’s St. Louis MO

I did try some in Google but not much enough info though 

@Kay1696 

I've found that not all information online is accurate/up to date. It takes an army of clerks to keep municipal websites up to date. May I recommend you go to the source? A call or visit to your city hall should clear this up for you. 

Caleb194
Level 2
St. Louis, MO

Hey! HostBuddy (your favorite co-host) here! 

For St. Louis visit stlcitypermits.com and then select housing conservation and pay the $90. At the end of the application you'll get the opportunity to select a date/time along with your inspectors contact information. 

If you need a local contact let me know! I have done a lot of these. For the county, let me know which locality and I can help out. I have the paperwork for each one in the metro! Happy to help

If you don't want to get it permitted, you'll be fined at some point. I have had long conversations with the building department. They can't get to all of them at one time, but they will get to ya. 

Melanie1394
Level 1
St. Louis, MO

Did you ever find any better information for St Louis County, MO?

Yes, you require a business license and occupancy permit for a short-term rental. Also, keep in mind that once you do that, your house will be considered a commercial business. Hope this helps.