Doing Airbnb arbitrage in Memphis tn

Doing Airbnb arbitrage in Memphis tn

I need to understand how the permit would work if you weren't the owner of the property and how tough is it to find a property that's actually profitable?

1 Reply 1

Hi @Nicolas2276 

As a host doing Airbnb arbitrage in another city, I'll share few tips you may find helpful:

Firstly, If you’re not the property owner, you’ll typically need written permission from the landlord to apply for a short-term rental permit. In Memphis, both the owner and operator need to be named on the permit. Ensure your lease agreement explicitly allows short-term rentals.

Secondly, finding a profitable property for arbitrage can be challenging but doable. Focus on areas with high demand, like downtown or near popular attractions. Do thorough research on rental rates and occupancy trends. It’s also crucial to negotiate favourable lease terms with the landlord to keep your costs down.

Lastly, it's important you stay compliant with local regulations, including occupancy limits and safety requirements. Memphis has specific zoning laws, so make sure the property is in a zone that allows short-term rentals.

I'll advise you do your due diligence and possibly consult with a local expert to navigate these challenges effectively.