Doubts regarding a rental in Madrid

Doubts regarding a rental in Madrid

Dear all hosts

Hope you’re doing well.

I'm from Mexico and I just bought an apartment in Madrid. I’m planning to rent it through AirbnB but I have some questions, could you help me? I will continue living in Mexico

1. Will Airbnb deduct its commission and VAT payment from the rent I will charge? Will I have any other taxes withheld?
  2. Can AirBnB pay me the rental payment in a Mexican bank account? Or Can Airbnb only pay me in a Spanish account?

Thanks a lot

3 Replies 3
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @José-Carlos51 

Welcome to the community. What inspired you to start your hosting journey?

I've tagged a few hosts who might be able to help answer your questions:

@Elaine701 @Santos157 @Fabiola367 

In the meantime, I've shared a few posts that you might helpful:

Also, feel free to explore in the Spanish Community Center, you may have better luck getting the advice you're looking for there🙂

I hope this helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would suggest you start by checking STR regulations for Madrid to see if you can meet the requirements @José-Carlos51 

1. Have a look at the Airbnb Help website it has FAQs around all aspects of running your business on Airbnb including how payments work. And yes Airbnb deduct their commission-VAT  from any bookings - you can see this when a guest books . You need to check locally to see if there are local taxes. 

2. Airbnb will pay you into whatever payment system you set up to receive income into (that Airbnb accepts ie bank, PayPal) 

Lorenzo619
Level 5
Turin, Italy

Hola @José-Carlos51 , qué onda? 🙂 

1) correcto. También hay el impuesto de la renta (IRPF)

2) claro,  puedes usar una cuenta mexicana 

Escrìbime en whatsapp buscando mi numero en internet: lo encuentras buscando "smeraldo apartment Laigueglia" en gmaps. 

Hasta pronto, 

Lorenzo

------

Hi @José-Carlos51 , how is it going? 🙂 🙂

1) right. There is also income tax (IRPF).

2) sure, you can use a Mexican account.

Write me on whatsapp looking for my number on the internet: you can find it by searching for ‘smeraldo apartment Laigueglia’ on gmaps.