Earnings Insights

Samuel776
Level 1
Chattanooga, TN

Earnings Insights

Okay I'm hoping that I'm just overlooking something and Airbnb isn't this stupid, but I am completely unable to find a breakdown of my gross earnings by listing. All I can see is the overall earnings which doesn't help at all because I'm managing other people's listings as well. Any ideas that don't involve downloading a CSV and manually pecking 80 transactions a month into a calculator and organizing by listing?

This has to be the easiest thing ever to program, and the most useful and necessary tool ever. How it doesn't exist is mind boggling to me

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Samuel776 Firstly I don't trust Airbnb to calculate the earnings correctly as a) we have a tax year that runs from 6th April to 5th April the next year and b) I don't trust them to work out when revenues are due as they have no idea if we cash account or use the accruals basis for our accounts.

If you are not willing to keep a separate record of revenues then I  don't think you have a choice but to download the CSV file. However you do not need to manually go through 80 transactions a month as you can, in Excel, order these data by the column that has the listing name in it and its all done automatically for you in seconds.

Great idea about Excel, thanks

Geri331
Level 1
Oakhurst, CA

Its just gone! I cannot get my tax info submitted either on time due to this being removed.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Geri331 Another good reason for keeping your own records. Just as a matter of interest how long do you get to file your taxes post the end of the tax year? In the UK we get 10 months so there is really no excuse for late filing here. That said a million people were fined £100 for a late return last year!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Geri331,

I saw that you'd commented on another thread and wanted to share some articles that Bhumika had shared to see if they help. 

👉 A new dashboard gives you a clear view of your earnings 

👉 Where do I find my Airbnb earnings for tax purposes? 

Please let me know how you get on with the guides or if you've found the earnings tab since you posted. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Rebecca Have you actually looked. at the new earnings dashboard? Please do because you will find it is a significant downgrade on the previous earnings tab. Just posting Airbnb propaganda as to how great it is will not change the fact it is a pile of ****.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Mike-And-Jane0

Thank you for tagging me and sharing your opinion. 

I have no experience of the older earnings dashboard, however the articles shared above will support the Hosts struggling to find the earnings tab and in particular the yearly earnings report for US only.  

Kind regards,

Rebecca 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines