Encinitas CA just banned air bnb’s starting in June 2022.

Margot210
Level 1
Fallbrook, CA

Encinitas CA just banned air bnb’s starting in June 2022.

Is this a trend?  Should we be worried?  What is Airbnb doing to stop this assault on free enterprise?

2 Replies 2
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Margot210

Thanks for sharing this news here! Have you managed to find out more info around it, or maybe joined a local Host club to see what other local Hosts think or have done in light of this change?

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Lisa5425
Level 1
Encinitas, CA

Encinitas didn’t ban Airbnb or vacation rentals, but have changed the process, which I believe to be true for San Diego County as a whole. I believe there are a limited amount of permits that will be approved per city.

A new application is needed & to be uploaded to the city’s portal like before, even if your already have a permit. Increase permit fee of $450/year from $150/yr & you must complete a new package with proof of insurance if 1 million, floor plan with safety features like smoke alarms & carbon monoxide locations. Then they’ll schedule a site visit for inspection I was told. 
Not a fun process at all, but necessary if you want to run a short term rental business under 31 days per month. Any stay over 31+ days us considered ling term rental & does not require a permit.