Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Environmental Tax in Greek AirBnBs is changing to 2Eur for the low season and 8 Eur to the high season. How to handle this?

Georgios129
Level 1
Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Environmental Tax in Greek AirBnBs is changing to 2Eur for the low season and 8 Eur to the high season. How to handle this?

In Greece, with the new rules, the Environmental tax is going to be November until end of March --> 2 Eur, and April until end of October --> 8Eur. 

Even if I change it in the system manually, it is not working, as I may get a reservation in December for coming June for example. 

I think airbnb should add a setting in the platform that allows you to adjust the additional taxes per period just like you can do with the prices. 

In the past that was 0,5Eur low season and 1,5Eur high season. It was not that high and as a host you could "absorb" the difference. 

1 Reply 1
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Georgios129 😊

thank you for asking this in the community!

Have you managed to resolve this situation?

I suggest you to share your feedback for the Airbnb team through this Feedback Form.

You can also take a look at our Local Host Clubs to find Hosts from you area.

In the meantime, I’d like to mention some Hosts from Greece who can probably help: @Virginia895@Μανος2 , @Χαρίκλεια0 and @Timoleon0

Thank you in advance everyone!

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center