FED UP ABOUT ABNB FINANCIAL MISTAKES

Steve2584
Level 3
Atlanta, GA

FED UP ABOUT ABNB FINANCIAL MISTAKES

Can other hosts (especially "room" listing hosts) in the state of ga please reply with tax charge discrepancies?

I've repeatedly tried for 5 weeks to have a problem with the amount guests are being charged for taxes acknowledged and corrected. i get the same, start from the beginning, responses from support after multiple responses that had zero to do with the issue. it's truly infuriating. this is a huge glitch/error/fraud that abnb should be immediately fixing. why are they dragging their feet on such an egregious problem?

Guests are choosing to use other platforms for booking needs because of this problem. how many potential guests input their dates and upon getting the total due, decide to look elsewhere? is this a platform effort in hopes of having "room" listing hosts leave the site due to lack of bookings (that their "glitch" is the cause of)? it would accompany their discriminatory camera policy which is accomplishing the same.

Guests are having a 43% tax applied to their total charges! this is a 599% increase for the same type bookings just 5 weeks ago. example: guest booked 63 nights, for $1320 rate total, was charged $79 in taxes; now, guest books 65 nights, for $1317 rate total, is charged $559 in taxes. what is abnb doing with the approx $480 overage that guest paid? just how many guests worldwide have been wrongly charged? this seems really problematic, since it has zero impact on the hosts payout, and some guests will simply see it (although mistakenly misled) as just the cost of using abnb. (one comment from support was, "the more people report it, the faster the fix"), (which i take to mean that they don't believe just 1 host). how many thousands of guests, and hundreds of thousands of dollars, will be owed refunds? this is despicable.

0 Replies 0