Fench tax

Yvonne682
Level 2
Newport, United Kingdom

Fench tax

Hi I have always declared all my earnings from my Air B& B to the French tax authorities but they keep over taxing me. When I complain they just ignore me despite me sending copies of my earnings printed from your site or they  return a perfunctory uninformative reply to my inbox On the my space which is their site that I have to go through. The response time is as long as twelve weeks often. ,which is totally unacceptable. ARE they privy to my air B&B information. Can they automatically gain access or if not are you obliged by law to give them my information. It is as if they do not believe me. Please tell me what the law is regarding them having information straight from your site. Do you give it to them or are they depending on my giving the totals , which they then accept or not as the case may be ?If they already have it from you then why are they not taxing me correctly. Can you please clarify the situation regarding this .

Kind Regards 

Y Thomas

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Yvonne682 this is a community centre not Airbnb. In many countries (UK included) Airbnb has agreements to share revenue with the tax authorities. I would advise you to employ an accountant in France if you think the French tax authority is overcharging you tax.

Thank you Mike -And -Jane . I will look into it !