Finding a Cohost in England

Answered!
Rose422
Level 7
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Finding a Cohost in England

Hello Rockstar Airbnb Community! 

I have been directed here by the Support Team to get help finding a cohost in England. I am aware that Airbnb is developing the cohost platform and right now they have a dedicated site US-wide to search Cohosts based in particular cities or zip codes, however there is no such thing in the UK. I would like to find a professional cohost in a small town called Stroud in Cotswolds, England and I was wondering how I go about it. 

I suppose one way would be to check airbnb listings in the area and reach out to some superhosts, but I wouldn't like to go that route (as you have to send an enquiry for a stay) and I thought to check with you all if there any suggestions.  

Hosting on boats in florida has not been so rewarding for me, no enquires for the entire summer, so I am planning to start a new listing in Stroud England and would like to have it professionally managed by a cohost. 

Many thanks. 

Rose. 

1 Best Answer
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Rose422 👋

How is your co-host search going? Have you already found someone? The co-hosting platform is available in England, and here is the link in case you want to take another look.

I'm also sharing the page where you can find the closest Local Host Club to your location to connect with local Hosts.

Additionally, I wanted to mention that I've tagged our Hosts in your response so they get a notification of your thank-you message. To tag someone in the community, simply use the @ symbol and then choose the user from the dropdown menu.

Regards 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Tara0
Level 10
Oxford, United Kingdom

You're based in Florida, so I'm not sure why you'd choose Stroud in the UK as a location for hosting. It's not a particularly popular town, no special features. I'm in Oxford, home to the famous university, with lots of academic guests visiting. It's a much better location than Stroud. I'd be happy to discuss co-hosting in Oxford. 

Rose422
Level 7
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hi @Tara0

Thanks for your response. I lived in England for many years, my family is British and live in London, Cotswolds AONB is my favorite part of England and I have been taking my family for a vacation there every summer. I am planning for my first home to be in Cotswolds. I love Oxford too so I hope to stay in your townhouse next time I travel. 

Take care. 

Rose. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can search for local hosts on the Airbnbbcohosts platform @Rose422 

it's been operational for over a year. 

Thanks @Helen3 , 

I searched for that area and there were no hosts, I thought it doesn't work for England but I am not looking at nearby cities like Oxford etc. 

Appreciate your advice. 

Rose. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Rose422 👋

How is your co-host search going? Have you already found someone? The co-hosting platform is available in England, and here is the link in case you want to take another look.

I'm also sharing the page where you can find the closest Local Host Club to your location to connect with local Hosts.

Additionally, I wanted to mention that I've tagged our Hosts in your response so they get a notification of your thank-you message. To tag someone in the community, simply use the @ symbol and then choose the user from the dropdown menu.

Regards 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Rose422
Level 7
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Thank you Paula and everyone, 

I managed to reach out to the hosts in the area on airbnb and had the support I was expecting. Thanks again for the valuable resources. 

Rose. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

How strange I cohost in Bristol quite near Stroud   and there are about 15 cohosts on there in my city @Rose422 

have you tried posting on  the regional airbnb host groups for the area you're buying in?

or look for cohosts in larger towns near Stroud

Thanks @Helen3 ,

I managed to find someone but I am glad the cohost search tool works for most of the major cities in the UK. At first I thought there was no availability nationwide, but one has to look at nearby cities to reach out to a cohost. 

Take care. 

Rose. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Rose422 Is there a local Airbnb Facebook group covering the Cotswolds? If so then I suggest you join it and ask your question there.

Thanks @Mike-And-Jane0, appreciate your suggestion and will check out Facebook, even though I don't use social media.