First Experience of a awful review

Karlette0
Level 2
Honolulu, HI

First Experience of a awful review

Aloha!

Recently I have had a disrespectful  guest stay in my Airbnb.  She had brought a extra guest, she said it was a last minute thing. I allowed it without charge, took a futon mattress down, where my listing says it is for 2 people.  Second violation was she blocked my car. I had a appointment I had to be at. I messaged her a nice message. No response! I needed to leave. I knocked on the door & asked them to please move their car & do not do that again. As they do have assigned parking. Lastly, she had a so called service animal in distress! She had gone out for hours, locked this dog up in the bathroom crying & yelping.

From this she left me a bad review.  This has definitely dropped my ratings. 
I just appalled at the disrespect. Perhaps if some host can give me some suggestion on how to deal with individuals as such. 

5 Replies 5
Caleb1
Level 4
Denver, CO

Unfortunately in my experience Airbnb will do little to assist negative reviews.  One of 2 low reviews over 5.5 years was for 'Location' and the guest said we were located in the 'suburbs'.  You can clearly pull up a map, look at our address and see that we are literally on the edge of the downtown area.  There's literally miles of Denver around us before you get anywhere near a suburb.  Even though the guest had left a low rating on what was easily validated as factually incorrect information from an independent source Airbnb did nothing about it.

Jen7145
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

You can respond to her review and give your side of the story.?

i totally disagree with the review procedure 

I disagree with it as well.  I’ve had one disagreeable person and did respond back to her unfair review. 

Yes, do respond to her bad review.  Did you give her a bad review?  Other hosts do not want people like her staying with us.  I would also complain  to Airbnb about this guest because one bad review can really hurt your listing.  It’s worth a try.   Take pictures and request an extra guest fee from this awful guest and get Airbnb involved.  

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Karlette0 Some might say your review was equally false - Far better than it should have been given  the behaviours you describe here.