First time Airbnb guests made up story about indoor cameras to attempt to get a refund

Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

First time Airbnb guests made up story about indoor cameras to attempt to get a refund

Airbnb completed their safety investigation quickly in my favor as I had documented everything in the Airbnb messaging chat,  and during stay outdoor videos that confirmed they broke house rules with regards to excess guests and visitors, got caught, and left voluntarily.

After stay inspection photos confirm excessive cleaning, furniture and lamps moved and not put  back, and damage to the carport gate. Now I’m left with a retaliatory review. I hope Airbnb moves as quickly to remove it as they did the bogus safety claim. 

but after thinking about the new outdoor camera policy and having to disclose the exact location, I can’t help but wonder if any guests will take down outdoor cameras and move them indoors in an attempt to extort a refund out of honest hosts.  I removed a ladder hanging on my outdoor shed just in case any bad guests have any ideas about doing so. 

2 Replies 2
Deb216
Level 10
Newport, RI

Good thinking! Thanks for the heads up!  Leaving a ladder would most definitely have resulted in cameras being covered up, adjusted, moved indoors...yikes!...or stolen.

Please keep us posted regarding the review.

I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Hopefully they won't be allowed to book any other Airbnbs in the future.

Review was removed same day. I appreciate Airbnb stepping up and getting it done quickly.