Flooding catastrophe in Asheville

Steven1815
Level 1
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Flooding catastrophe in Asheville

I know many hosts and guests are reeling from the extreme flooding in Western North Carolina as well as the other areas hit by Helene. The fall foliage season is just beginning but in those areas it might be quite some time before you can get everything back to normal and until bookings resume. 

Wondering what people are planning to do as far as blocking out the next few weeks on the calendar, or putting a hold on bookings until services are restored and things get back to normal? 

And wondering what about the bookings that you already have for the next several days or weeks? 

Does airbnb know that this catastrophe has occurred and taken steps to streamline cancellations and refunds in those disaster zones.

5 Replies 5

I'd like to know those answers as well!

Teresa2372
Level 1
Ohio, United States

following

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Teresa2372 @Steven1815 @Teddi7 , I sincerely hope that you and your loved ones are safe!

I wanted to share that Airbnb is aware that Hurricane Helene has affected many hosts and guests in the Southeast region of the US. Airbnb is also trying to actively help our host and guest communities to recover.

Airbnb is offering emergency housing through 👉Airbnb.org👈, and the 👉Major Disruptive Events policy👈 is under effect for listings in the region.

Hope this information helps! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

A friend has tried to find out if any rentals have water nearby but your system locked them out because of too many messages. 

can you allow more messages to go through without locking people out?

Thank you