Free photo shoot IS NOT FREE

Michelle2886
Level 1
Asheville, NC

Free photo shoot IS NOT FREE

Air bnb sent me an email offering free photos of my listing. The word "free" was used TWICE.

"We’d like to offer you free pro photography to prepare, and help boost, your private room listing in time for the busy travel season this spring....
Accept free photos: https://abnb.co/kbt9ok..."

But hidden in the FAQ section of the Photo prep guide it says 

"When does the payment take place?

You won’t be charged until the photos are live on your listing. The cost of your photoshoot will be subtracted from your next payout(s) until the balance is paid in full. If you choose to cancel before the shoot, you won’t be charged."

This is a nasty piece of work! Anyone else run into this?

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Michelle2886 If the quote you signed said $0.00 then yes a payment will be subtracted from your next payout but said payment should be $0.00

I don't recall signing a quote, and I've checked inboxes and have not found anything similar, nor has the photographer sent me a quote to sign. The photog mentioned he's had several other people contact him with the same concerns. I tried emailing notifications@photography.airbnb.com but it is not a valid email address  - it only sends out, it does not receive. 

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Michelle2886 @Mike-And-Jane0 
You can follow a link from the Airbnb email where you will find the confirmation on their website
At the top it confirms in RED: FREE