Greetings! New Host in Northern Neck Virginia!

Greetings! New Host in Northern Neck Virginia!

Hello Everyone! I am a new host joining AIRBNB. I have listed on competitive platform VRBO and am experiencing changes now that Expedia has purchases the company. Bookings have declined and there seems to be a "use our marketing and auto-book platform" message to keep views listed higher in rank. So I am expanding my reach and putting my bet  down on AIRBNB! 

I have a few notes I already communicated with the Help Support line. 

Observations- Air cover - and claim process- vs a credit hold with the other platform automatically released  if I have no claim within 14 days of end of stay. ( I would love to see that added here!)

Other then that- I'm a newby! HELP and Advice? 

3 Replies 3
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Robert8436 

A couple suggestions

Review amenities' average is about 30 include everything you offer 

Organize your pictures people want to see where  10 people sleep.

Your description is very short the platform gives you multiple pages use them

The Airbnb discount for New Host is good to apply encourages them to book to be 1st of 3 guests

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Robert8436 , Host @Marie8425 has shared some recommendations for your listing. Did you get a chance to review and consider them? 

Our Community has amazing discussions where Hosts have shared advice on how to attract guests. You can explore those discussions by searching through the search bar at the top of the page.

You can also have a look at Airbnb's Resource Centre and Help Centre to explore more information about hosting on Airbnb.

Do you have any specific questions that you'd like to ask Marie? 😉

All the best with your Airbnb journey! 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Enri1804
Level 10
Yulee, FL

I like your guidebook. I think your listing headline is good. Maybe work on clearer photos and more of them for the property.

I agree that a credit hold (deposit) would be ideal for Airbnb considering air cover is not the best, but I'm not sure Airbnb will do that anytime soon for hosts.