Guest cancel after check in

Olivia972
Level 1
Jakarta, Indonesia

Guest cancel after check in

I'm so pissed off at one of our guests. The lady came from ** with only one short review from airbnb host. I don't have any judgment about ** people, but I'm wondering how she could cancel our Airbnb after she just arrived and checked in.

I came back and checked the room together with her. She complained about the air conditioning, saying it was hot. She turned on 2 ACs while the outside temperature was 33 degrees. It turned out that she couldn't find the remote for the 3rd AC in the living room. But even with 2 ACs, the room temperature was okay. She also complained about the noise from the unit above us while technicians were repairing something there, but it lasted only 1 hour, she said.

I mean, she can't control other people working while it was still 4 PM Jakarta time, right? It was not the middle of the night and lasted only 1 hour.

We have not received any complaints about hygiene, noise, or the temperature of our ACs from our past guests. We bought our ACs just 2 months ago and everything works properly. The room was not hot at all as she described.

My question is: how can Airbnb accept her cancellation on the day she arrived with the reason of unhygienic conditions, which wasn't true at all? Airbnb also didn't give me a chance to prove that she was wrong and just gave her permission to cancel. So, now I'm losing 10 days of income due to her cancellation.

Does anyone have a similar experience?

Are we allowed to write that we are no longer accepting ** guests?

Just recently I got so many airbnb inquiries from **guests asking on communicating outside the airbnb. Strange communication.

Tips would be helpful 

Thank you! 

**[Content removed inline with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that our Nondiscrimination Policy doesn’t allow for discrimination based on age,  race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, disability, gender or sex.

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Olivia972 Of course you can write anything in your listing and ban ** guests. The consequence of this racism however will likely be having your listings shut down and your account deleted.

**[Content (location of guest) removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines and Nondiscrimination Policy  to avoid generalization in further comments

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Olivia972 , Welcome to the Community Center!

I am Bhumika, one of the Community Managers of this community. I wanted to let you know that I have had to remove particular part of references related to nationality of guests in your post as this sort of generalization is not in line with our Community Center Guidelines, particularly Airbnb’s Nondiscrimination policy.

Thank you for your understanding - please remember the Community Center is part of the Airbnb platform and, therefore, all Airbnb terms and policies apply. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines