Guest rating and host rating

Guest rating and host rating

Does your rating as a guest on another Airbnb listing affect your rating as a host? Or are they separated? 

4 Replies 4
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Ben-And-Maoie0 😊

It’s wonderful to see you posting in our community!

I’m reaching out to some of our amazing Hosts to get their advice on the rating system: @Nash-Cottages-LLC0@Shelley159@Karen114@Guy991 and @Lorina14.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

@Paula Thanks for the mention!

@Ben-And-Maoie0 our understanding is that the ratings are separate. One does not impact the other. 

Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

@Ben-And-Maoie0  I would like to think not as they are two seperate ratings.  Honestly, Airbnb changes a lot almost on a monthly basis so if I am being honest, I don't know 😑.

Karen
Shelley159
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Ben-And-Maoie0 

It seems there are hosts on this forum who have all their historical host ratings on record and who can re-calculate their hosting average from those ratings (I've also tried, but I can't see more than a year's ratings). If they are correct in saying that they can calculate their hosting average exactly, it implies nothing else affects the host rating and that it's separate from the guest rating. Many of them are also confident that the host rating is a straight-forward average score with no weightings or adjustments.