Guests charges from AirBNB

Barbara2579
Level 1
Surf City, NC

Guests charges from AirBNB

Can someone tell me how much AirBNB charges the guests ?  I know hosts pay 3% and cleaning fees, but how much are the guests charged?    OR is the fee to the host higher now?

4 Replies 4
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Barbara2579  What do you mean hosts pay cleaning fees? Cleaning fees are charged to the guests by the hosts, Airbnb doesn't set cleaning fees.

John2406
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@Barbara2579 as @Colleen253 has provided  a link to the answer, I'm rather superfluous here!

At the moment, most Hosts' are charged a Service Fee of 3% (by Airbnb), but the cleaning charge paid by the Guests to Airbnb is then PAID TO the Host, NOT deducted from the amount s/he  receives.

As far as I'm aware, the only other deduction that might appear amongst the details of a "Host's Payout", is where a "Promotion" may have been offered (and included within the word "Promotion" as we discovered earlier this year, are also any discounts offered when Guests' opt for a non-refundable cancellation policy) qv. https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2600/offer-a-nonrefundable-option

Hope that, on top of what @Colleen253  has already advised, might be of some  help to you.

Ryan2352
Level 10
Thousand Oaks, CA

In my market (California) the ABB service fees are usually 10%-15% of the room rate and certain fees.  Cleaning fees are paid by the guests and given to the host.  Hosts are charged 3% and that's taken out of your gross earnings.