HOA THRETENS TO DESTROY OUR GOOD RATING AND STR BUSINESS DESPITE WE ARE ALLOWED TO DO STR.

HOA THRETENS TO DESTROY OUR GOOD RATING AND STR BUSINESS DESPITE WE ARE ALLOWED TO DO STR.

Hi everyone, I am new as a host, I have been doing STR since October 2001 in Orlando FL, it has been a very pleasant experience.

Our community allowed STR so we are completely legal, and I do not have problems with the condo rules and regulations.

We bought the condo as an investment property thinking in the STR business, we remodel the property and furnish it very well, we have invested our savings and our time and dedication to set up the business, now we are a 5 stars host, very dedicated to please our guests.

The problem is that in front of our unit, the storm water drainage is collapsed, completely clogged and when it rains we get a big flood in front of the access to our unit so people can not get in or out the unit.

I already had a complain from one of our clients and fortunately did not get a bad review.

I have been dealing with the HOA and the city for 4 months and it has been impossible to get it fix, even though it is a condominium, and they are responsible for the common areas. 

This situation threatens to damage our good reputation and rating therefore damage our business too.

Please help me out to understand what can I do to force the HOA to fix that and protect my business from bad reviews for that?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Javier537  This is an issue between you and the HOA- you might need to get a lawyer involved. Do other homeowners in the HOA not have issues, that you could band together? 

As far as your str reputation, I would suggest you stop renting it out if the conditions will lead to bad reviews and unhappy guests, or make the present conditions crystal clear to guests and get an assurance fromthem that they are accepting those circumstances without complaint.

Sarah, I appreciate your comments and will consider them, some times your own community of neighbors  just do not care, there most be a way to make the HOA responsible for the looses  of the  business.  they are obligated to maintain and fix damages in common areas. 

Thank you so much.