HOW DO I CANCEL/RESCIND MY AIR BNB ACCOUNT ENTIRELY AND ASK FOR A FULL REFUND OF ANY TAXES WHAT WERE WITHHELD?

Marcus454
Level 1
Seattle, WA

HOW DO I CANCEL/RESCIND MY AIR BNB ACCOUNT ENTIRELY AND ASK FOR A FULL REFUND OF ANY TAXES WHAT WERE WITHHELD?

Thanks for any information anybody can offer if you happen to have a good email or customer service number to help get this done.

Blessings,

Marcus T Reum

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Marcus454  Why would you get a refund of taxes withheld, when those were taxes based on the rentals you had?

Just wanting refunded whatever wasn't used. My Mom (69 year old social security retiree trying to make extra money) had this account, made a simple honest mistake in description that could have been fixed quickly and easily, but the dip**bleep** at AirBNB who handled the case thought he was going to be cute with me by trying to lock the account up for the duration of what would have been the booking because the client lied. (3 months) I transferred everything over to VRBO for her, which she makes WAY more on now anyway, and just wanted to see about getting her a refund. Sure hope AIR BNB gets their stuff together. Love the people I've met on my own account over the years, but I quite mine as well after what they did to my mom.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Marcus454 Assuming everything works correctly the withheld taxes will be available to you from the IRS when you complete your tax return at the end of the tax year. Unless a mistake has been made the IRS is the only entity that will refund them to you.