Have sold our B & B , how do I transfer the listing to the new owner?

Answered!
Martin3817
Level 1
Bempton, United Kingdom

Have sold our B & B , how do I transfer the listing to the new owner?

Have sold our B & B , how do I transfer the listing to the new owner without disrupting upcoming guests?

Or do I have to de-list and the new owner start from scratch?

Cheers,

Martin

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

When you are selling it's always best to only open you're calendar for a few months ahead so you don't accept bookings you know you may not be able to honour.

The listing belongs to you and cannot be transferred as this would be unfair to your guests who booked on the basis of your reviews and how you manage your listing.

The new owner needs to set up their own listing and you need to snooze your listing or block dates so you don't accept new bookings.

You need to contact Airbnb and ask them if guests are happy to go with the new owner can they help transfer the booking. 

you may face fines for each guest you need to cancel @Martin3817 

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Martin3817 You cannot pass on the contracts you have with the guest. The new owner will have to create a listing and then, with each guest's permission, you will have to ask Airbnb nicely to cancel your booking and move the guest to the new listing. This might be beyond their capabilities though.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

When you are selling it's always best to only open you're calendar for a few months ahead so you don't accept bookings you know you may not be able to honour.

The listing belongs to you and cannot be transferred as this would be unfair to your guests who booked on the basis of your reviews and how you manage your listing.

The new owner needs to set up their own listing and you need to snooze your listing or block dates so you don't accept new bookings.

You need to contact Airbnb and ask them if guests are happy to go with the new owner can they help transfer the booking. 

you may face fines for each guest you need to cancel @Martin3817