Help: contacted city and my license is approved but Airbnb shows license as pending

Answered!
Bradley-Brent0
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Help: contacted city and my license is approved but Airbnb shows license as pending

Thank you to all the super hosts out there. I have only just recently began listing my apartment in the city of Toronto. 

Due to my address, being incorrectly recorded, my listing was set as not approved. My address was updated after about 10 calls to get the staff to update it to the address that the city sent me.

it continues to show license pending. I have been told now by four agents that it was upgraded to urgent, and then they give me a range from anywhere from three hours to 24 hours, and the most recent call the agent said he had no idea of what time I would get a reply at. 

I absolutely understand that everyone here is trying to do their best, but I am absolutely shocked. 

repeatedly, my tickets are closed, I have to re-explain to another agent, the exact same problem. Does anyone have recommendations or similar experiences?

what would you recommend I do? It is such a helpless, feeling just being redirected around and told that there’s empathy for me, but not a solution.

I love being a member of the Airbnb community. In just two months, I’ve been able to host nearly 30 people. I’ve had guests from Ukraine, but I’ve moved to Canada to escape the war, and I have had an extremely enjoyable experience.

I would rave, and want to rave, to others about how amazing Airbnb is! But this experience is so soured my impression. 

6924186B-97B6-4EDB-8F6C-19D11EAF0ABD.jpeg

3A5EB7D1-E860-4D16-817B-D665E22DFCD3.jpeg

1 Best Answer
Jing205
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Bradley, I have this exactly issue.

My listing has been off now for over 3 months and I have attempted to re-submit my license over and over again with different literations of my address to try to match. Every time having to call Airbnb to make the change because I am not able to change the address on my profile myself after having accepted reservations previously already. 

City of Toronto reviewed my listing and my license and has told me they could not reactive my listing and sent me an email saying they are good and to provide that email as proof to Airbnb to reactivate my listing for me. Yet no one at Airbnb seems to understand the issue or know how to fix it. They keep closing the issue and I have to explain again without issue being resolved! Or they refer me to a specialized team who just emails me that I need to make sure it matches and does not provide ways of communicating back with them. 

it’s been 3 months and I am at a loss to what else to do!!! 

AIRBNB - please help!! 

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16
Jing205
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Bradley, I have this exactly issue.

My listing has been off now for over 3 months and I have attempted to re-submit my license over and over again with different literations of my address to try to match. Every time having to call Airbnb to make the change because I am not able to change the address on my profile myself after having accepted reservations previously already. 

City of Toronto reviewed my listing and my license and has told me they could not reactive my listing and sent me an email saying they are good and to provide that email as proof to Airbnb to reactivate my listing for me. Yet no one at Airbnb seems to understand the issue or know how to fix it. They keep closing the issue and I have to explain again without issue being resolved! Or they refer me to a specialized team who just emails me that I need to make sure it matches and does not provide ways of communicating back with them. 

it’s been 3 months and I am at a loss to what else to do!!! 

AIRBNB - please help!! 

Hi Jing,

Replied to you in a direct message. I have a few emails that you should reach out - power in numbers, hopefully!

Hello @Bradley-Brent0 ,

I am having the same issue. The city told me to show airbnb the email sent and they should reactivate my listing, but Airbnb keeps saying that the city official needs to approve the listing. Airbnb keeps closing the tickets saying reach out to city. . Not sure what to do at this point. Can you please share the contact details who I need to reach out to. Thank You.

Hi there @Shams34  

Unfortunately, we have been experiencing the same issue. Just curious if you found a resolution

Hello @Susan5204 ,

Our issue was resolved by the city. Send email again to the city. Until the city does not approve it does not go online. Once city approves it comes online the same day. Good luck

@Shams34 I guess my issue is a bit different. After speaking to the city It seems that we have two listings under one permit. One that says pending approval and one that is approved. The city has assured us that our listing is in good status but we are **bleep** down every three days 

Hello @Bradley-Brent0 

I'm experiencing the same issue; it's still pending approval. Could you please send me a direct message with instructions on how to resolve it? I appreciate your assistance.

Best regards,

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Bradley-Brent0 @Jing205 , 

So sorry that you have been going through these experiences without any resolution. I have tried to nudge the concerned team regarding both of your cases. I hope you get some information soon.

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhumika,

Thank you for your reply. No - I am still de-listed and have received zero direction. Tonight, I forwarded correspondence to various city counsellors and officials.

27 days out of business.

Will keep you updated.

Hello Bhumika!

Unfortunately I am also dealing with the same issue and have had over 20 upcoming bookings canceled by Airbnb. My licence is fully active and it is still saying I am "pending approval". It has been over 14 days since this first happened, so please help me look into this aswell.

Thank you 

Arjan R

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Aj132 ,

Although I am raising your concern to the related teams, I just wanted to ask if you had also connected with Airbnb Customer Support regarding this?

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Bhumika can you help me too??

Im getting desperate for some help and some contact from the city about my application.

so desperate I’m hitting up 2 year old threads 😔

Ke-Ren3
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Bradley-Brent0 ,

is everything working now ? 

how long it takes for city official review ? 
i got the same issue . And I am waiting for them to review . But my cancelled guest keep asking me how long it takes . They want to book again . 
I am worry . 

William1978
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Hi, I am experiencing the same problem here in Toronto. The city gives you a 5-day window to renew your permit and if you forget they block your listing. Now because my address is listed as "Avenue" instead of "Ave" on the Abnb the city won't approve it and I can't change it because I've already received guests. 

The city wants to see my listing to approve it but my custom link doesn't work because guess what? The city took it down!

Does anyone know of another link we can use to view unlisted listings?

My space has been closed for 2 weeks now because of this. I've paid my permit fees, waited on hold for hours, and sent various emails.. no results.. so frustrating. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Eric