Help setting up listing/account on airbnb

Answered!

Help setting up listing/account on airbnb

I apologize for the unpleasant content but I am really in need of help.  I bought a home in the OBX last year and remodeled it to be a weekly rental.  I did create a listing but with no guidance or experience.  Just as the home was finished, my adult son suicided.  I have not had energy or focus to put toward this since my son’s death.  I lost major income last year from both the house not being rented and because I could not work for 6 months due to the trauma.  I am desperate and would be so grateful to pay someone to teach or consult with me about how to create a successful listing as soon as possible for the upcoming season.  Can someone please advise where I can find this type of service?

**[E-mail address removed - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer

@Terri427 from memory your check in and check out times are strange (3pm and 9am). Probs better to make it 4pm and 10am.

I would definitely require a 7 day stay over the high season forcing the check in day to be Saturday. This is done by switching pro tools on in your account and then adding a ruleset to the high season weeks.

You do need a min stay for a large house of at least 3 nights or you may attract a party crowd.

Once you get used to the website it gets easier (honest)

View Best Answer in original post

14 Replies 14
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Terri427 , I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine what it must be like going through something like this, it's a loss that simply can't be described in words. I hope you find the strength you need to continue and please feel free to send me a message if you're having a tough time. 

You could try the Ask A Superhost program. Here you can ask questions to established Superhosts who'll be delighted to help you out. You can find more about it here: https://www.airbnb.com/askasuperhost?from=mentee_landing_page&ambassadorUserId=45659914&r=hostambass...

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

When you set up a new listing you can request help from a local Airbnb Ambassador @Terri427 

Thank you so much for responding.  How do I find my local ambassador?

Cheryl863
Level 2
Malad, India

Hello Terri 

Firstly, sorry on the loss of your son. 

Given that Amy 💗 is writing your listing for you , it would be a pleasure to write out captions for the photos of your home. 

If you have a few photos or if you could please request your neighbor / family / close friends to take a few then I can write a few captions (Im new myself on this platform and no expert). 

Hope you are surrounded by the most supportive bereavement groups and family and friends who will enable your trauma to heal Terri. 

Please let me know Terri 💗

Cheryl 

Thank you so much for your kind response.  I do have it listed but I did not write it.   Friends pitched in during the crisis.  I’ll attach the link below.  If it doesn’t work, you can search by address; 106 west wright ave.  Kill Devil hills, nc.  The tag line is “walk to the beach from our elegant remodel”.  I would appreciate any feedback you could offer.

I am also in need of help in determining pricing.  Is it best to use the Airbnb pricing tool?  And should I require 7 day stay?  Does everyone use Saturday as check in day?  And I find the system hard to navigate.  I’D BE HAPPY TO PAY SOMEONE TO WALK ME THROUGH IT.

https://abnb.me/Rq9DhqvYaxb

Hello Terri 

It is lovely to know that your friends have your back Terri. Dealing with loss there is no deadline to grief. Hope you are able to talk to the community as much as you want to … always. 

I am in Mumbai and pretty new on here. So my apartment listing doesn’t have a minimum stay. But I totally understand the requirement for a minimum stay with respect to a stand alone home (detached home). 

This is because there are so many things to look out for in setting up the house for the next guest and so on. Particularly with cleaning, changing the sheets, getting the cleaning lady in - any breakdowns etc. 

For my listing, the weekend prices are higher than the weekday prices. I set up my own pricing and not the pricing suggested by AirBNB or else it would not be feasible. 

This is because I treat my guests as my own. Make them breakfast and get the best. The only things like the use of the washing machine and sourdough bread along with coconut water is payable directly to the seller. 

So far I have never charged for breakfast and will not. The laundry is another thing they pay for direct as in ironing. 

I have a kit for each guest that is brand new: towels, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, soap, soap dish, notepad, toilet rolls, shampoo and conditioner. 

Apart from the soap dish nothing else is kept. It is for the guest to take home with them. 

Have yet to get photos put on of the room and things. 

But yes I will indeed look at your listing and write back as soon as possible. 

Terri I doubt anyone will take money from you for walking through anything. People are intrinsically kind Terri. Please don’t worry. 

Hope everyone looks out for you always Terri 💗

editing to add-:

just had a look at the link to your home , it’s beautiful and also there are lots of pictures and things. It is really quite detailed and descriptive. 

I hope Amy 💗will check and let you know what is missing because I can’t find anything missing in your listing Terri 💗

@Terri427 from memory your check in and check out times are strange (3pm and 9am). Probs better to make it 4pm and 10am.

I would definitely require a 7 day stay over the high season forcing the check in day to be Saturday. This is done by switching pro tools on in your account and then adding a ruleset to the high season weeks.

You do need a min stay for a large house of at least 3 nights or you may attract a party crowd.

Once you get used to the website it gets easier (honest)

Amy2246
Level 2
Cooper City, FL

I’m so sorry to hear of your son’s death.  My parents and I endured the loss of my only sister. There’s nothing like the loss of a child. Please send me your listing and I can try to advise you best I know how. I’m sure there are other Super Hosts who are experts but I certainly can try to help you. 

Amy

Thank you so much for your kind response.  I do have it listed but I did not write it.   Friends pitched in during the crisis.  I’ll attach the link below.  If it doesn’t work, you can search by address; 106 west wright ave.  Kill Devil hills, nc.  The tag line is “walk to the beach from our elegant remodel”.  I would appreciate any feedback you could offer.

I am also in need of help in determining pricing.  Is it best to use the Airbnb pricing tool?  And should I require 7 day stay?  Does everyone use Saturday as check in day?  And I find the system hard to navigate.  I’D BE HAPPY TO PAY SOMEONE TO WALK ME THROUGH IT.

https://abnb.me/Rq9DhqvYaxb

found something very good cool & comfortable too. look it at here.

**[link removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]**

Can you resend the link they removed.  Or email to me at

**[E-mail address removed - Community Center Guidelines]

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Terri427 @Ibtesam0  please refrain from sharing personal details like your email address, as per the Community Guidelines. You both have access to messages now, so you can send each other a direct message instead. 🙂

-----

I apologize.  I am new to all of this….and not yet familiar.  I  will figure out how to message.  

I am though simply looking for help with my already posted listing.  

Can you tell me where/how to find someone that I could pay to assist me with a few things, both technical and strategic?

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Terri427 It sounds like a co-host might be something for you. For that I'd recommend joining one of the local Host Clubs. It'll be much easier to connect with local Hosts there and find someone who might be interested in helping you and your business! You can find all the Host Clubs here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Local-Host-Clubs/ct-p/en_clubs

-----