Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Hey Hosts! Anyone finds STR license is difficult to get in current years??

Answered!
Cindy565
Level 2
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Hey Hosts! Anyone finds STR license is difficult to get in current years??

Hello from Niagara region, Canada. 

I live in a small town of Ontario, nearby the niagara falls, and I have 5 years short-term rental experience, but I am a new to the community!

I am not sure if your city/municipality requires a short-term rental license,   but I found the license is really hard to get recently in my small town, there are so many restrictions now. Our town even was trying to stop all of the short-term rentals last year, but it was paused because so many people disagreed with it.  Too be honest, Short-term rental business gives me enough freedom with great profits, I'm used to like this sharing business so much, but I am curious about it now.

Does Anyone have a same situation? Do you guys think if short term rental is a sustainable economy nowadays?

Cheers

Top Answer
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Cindy565 

Your question is very good, but you are asking a global forum.  May I suggest that you contact your local municipality or Airbnb Facebook page about local bylaws.

With regards to sustainability,  Airbnb went public on the stock market last year. I would suggest that with all the global host and guest numbers, that  yes, it's sustainable.

View Top Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Cindy565 

Your question is very good, but you are asking a global forum.  May I suggest that you contact your local municipality or Airbnb Facebook page about local bylaws.

With regards to sustainability,  Airbnb went public on the stock market last year. I would suggest that with all the global host and guest numbers, that  yes, it's sustainable.

My airbnb account has been criminally hacked.  I am a five star host.  Airbnb has DONE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.  I HAVE LOST THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS.  I NEED ADVICE NOW ON GETTING COMPENSATED FOR DAMAGES AND RESTORING MY REPUTATION.  I AM IN BEAUTIFUL COUPEVILLE, WA. ON WHIDBEY ISLAND.

Barbara2437
Level 1
Coupeville, WA

Hi...My name is Barbara.  I have been hosting five star for a while.  But my airbnb calendar was criminally hacked.  Airbnb has done absolutely nothing.  I've lost in excess of $3000.  My latest displaced guest, Matthew, from Issaquah, WA., was sent ro a home in Kirkland I haven't lived in for 6 years!  I have a beautiful place in Coupeville, WA.  I would like to seek damages.  I need a lawyer.   I cannot take down my account and they will BOT CALL ME AFTER SEVERAL PROMISES TO DO SO.