Hi I'm Jessica I'm interested in starting an AIRBNB

Answered!

Hi I'm Jessica I'm interested in starting an AIRBNB

I'm interested in renting a property but I'm not sure everything needed to go about renting a property for air BNB purposes. I heard of a few ways to do it but I'll like more information on like draft the lease or getting the landlord to trust me 

1 Best Answer
Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

@Jessica3347 

If you use Facebook/Meta there is a group called "Airbnb Arbitrage Community For Beginners..".  You could check them out.

Here is the link: 

View Best Answer in original post

20 Replies 20
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Jessica3347 Not really something the hosts here can help you with as it is subletting  and its not up to anyone here to tell you 'about getting a landlord to trust you'... H

I have no idea what you are talking about.. Would it be possible for to delete your comment? Just because you as a host doesn't know the answer doesn't mean others here are misinformed too. It's possible because I stayed in rented Airbnb and my friends have had rented Airbnb. I'm trying to gain more information on it. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Many landlords understandably do not allow tenants to sublet properties for short term rentals @Jessica3347 

it's up to you to identify how you can gain trust from landlords to allow you to sublet for STR. 

If you want to develop a contract for working with landlords you would need to speak to a lawyer to draft up a contract . 

I understand homeowners will not want to rent to someone openly letting them know they want to Airbnb their home. That was the point of asking this question to see from those who have and not from those who just wanna comment and say oh they won't rent it to you. Well, it's obviously possible because I have stayed in a few and my friends have had some but I will like to collect more information because I go around asking landlords to rent to me for Airbnb purposes.

Thanks for the other information though. They are helpful towards my question. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

This is a community for hosts and guests. I don't really know many who do arbitrage on this community as it is still quite rare. @Jessica3347 

Also there is no need to be rude. I am a landlord as well as an Airbnb host,  so it's absolutely valid for me to comment on whether landlords will be interested in you doing arbitrage. In my country there is actually a standard clause in leases that forbid sub-letting. 

As you and your friends have stayed in properties sub let for arbitrage why don't you ask those you booked with your questions?

Oh ok. I get it. Your country has limited experience with this. Sssooo, did you not understand the part when I said I wanted more information? I feel I need more information. There's a lot of fees involved if you don't do things the right way.

It's just that I don't like hearing oh you can't do that when I already said it can be done. Helen my tone is from having too many people jump to say you can't do that without actually having research or information. Which is what you did.

So, there is a host out here in one of these countries that knows how to lease for Airbnb.

Also, they taught me different ways to obtain a lease some of their methods I'm just like let's see if I can get more information before trying that. It's good information. I just like to research and comments saying no that cannot happen doesn't help with my research. 

Oh so in the UK when you own a home the government tells you you cannot rent it out for Airbnb purposes? I heard y'all don't even owe land there. The kingdom owns everything. So, my question might strange for you. My frustration comes from people just giving random answers because I take my research serious. 

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Jessica3347 , I understand it can be frustrating to get a different answer than what you expected or hoped, especially when you've already put a lot of effort into research yourself.

Let's keep in mind though that we are on a public forum where everyone is welcome to interact with each other, discuss topics and share their thoughts. It's everyone's responsibility here to adhere to the Community Guidelines and remain respectful towards one another, even if the answers you received aren't as helpful as you hoped.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Thanks! I'll work on a better way to let people know that they are not giving out the proper information? For me I have mean deterred all of my life by people saying that cannot be done when the proof of concept has already been proven. I'm a gillion percent sure people told the Airbnb starters that it cannot be done. I did tell her thank you for the information I can apply. This is a public forum and I don't want someone to see how someone in the UK who has limited experience with my question to get deterred. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You do have some strange ideas @Jessica3347 

No I didn't say our government did anything. What I clearly said is most standard long term leases forbid sub leasing

Where did you hear no-one in the UK owns land...was that from the same people that told you arbitrage is easy 🙂

None of my answers are random they are based on my extensive experience of being both a landlord and host.

I don't think you understand my question and maybe you don't what I mean because landlord probably means something different in your country. I don't want to rent from someone already renting. Even in my country some of these words get real estate words get mixed up. Well, I'm looking for information towards what I'm researching, thank you 🫠

Um, I wasn't looking to do a long term lease. I said I would openly and honestly let the landlord/homeowner know my intentions with the property. You are still not on the same page as me. Well have a nice day 🫠

When did I say arbitrage was easy? You make things up than wanna report me because you keep giving me misinformation and making my research process frustrating. **

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines - Please be respectful in your discussions with other members and avoid using generalized statements]

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Jessica3347,

It's great to see you are putting so much effort into your research, and we hope that the diverse contributions of our members will help you make an informed decision.

As Mentioned by @Sybe  I'd like to reiterate that it is very important that we remain respectful in our interactions with other members who are offering their time and advice on the posts. As we are a global Community, It's understandable that there may be different perspectives and opinions, especially when it comes to complex topics. However, let's keep in mind that each member is here to seek or offer advice based on their own experiences, and it's okay if they don't align with our own views.

Please avoid making personal remarks based on the location of the members and ensure to respect the Community Center guidelines and Non-discrimination policy.

Thank you.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad