Hidden by AirBnB

Debbie523
Level 2
Rising Fawn, GA

Hidden by AirBnB

What does Hidden by AirBnB mean?  I have had inquires by people who say their reviews are hidden by AirBnB. As a host, I would like to have access to these reviews.

Is it an app that has nothing to do with AirBnB?  Do people have multiple profiles?  

The strangest thing happened today, someone said they would give me access to hidden by AirBnB. I searched the internet for it and have found nothing.

Truth is, I deny anyone who even mentions it. I do not want anyone in my house who had something to hide from me. 

12 Replies 12
Debbie523
Level 2
Rising Fawn, GA

Wait, I think I figured it out. When guests (and presumably hosts) put phone numbers or web addresses in messages, AirBnB replaces it with (Hidden by AirbnB).   This is really misleading. I thought there was information relevant to the guest or host review that was not available to view.

Am I the only one who misunderstood?

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

When the algorithm finds anything that could be a phone number or website, they will block it out. Sometimes date ranges (ex: between 1850-1860) and the use of the @ symbol will register this way. Words like facebook, gmaps, or google get "hidden by Airbnb" as well. 

Shawn465
Level 1
Brunswick, GA

I am so confused by the "hidden by Airbnb" thing.  I made a reservation on Airbnb and the host is telling me that it was booked through 'hidden by Airbnb" but I have no access to the reservation. It does not show up in my planned trips but I have a charge for the trip.  

Can someone please tell me how to access by reservation?

Angel4699
Level 1
Houston, TX

Hello does anyone on here have a beach house available on June 12-14 that will accommodate 10 adults comfortably if so please let me know.. it’s for my husband’s birthday 

@Angel4699  The way to find  place to rent is to look on the Airbnb site in the area you are interested in. This is a discussion forum, not the right place to look for a listing.

Murray84
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

I’m trying to friend Gili Anna in Naples Florida area. What am I missing?

Helen2340
Level 1
Bradenton, FL

Hi everyone, please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place. I am looking to stay somewhere very close to 199 Monitor & Nassau in Brooklyn for weekend of April 24th. Its just two older ladies who are very clean and sensible, thanks so much if you know of anything, Helen Lewis

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Helen2340 I am afraid you are posting in the wrong place and/or shouldn't really be posting at all (although you are, of course, very welcome in the Community Centre). You need to go to airbnb.com, search for a property in Brooklyn for 2 people on the dates you want and then zoom the map in to the area you want to see what is available. You may need to specify 2 bedrooms or 2 beds depending on your relationship.

Hope this helps.

the host told me to make a hidden by Airbnb account how do I do that?

@Angelica366  Did you not read the posts on this thread previous to yours? 

There is no such thing as a Hidden by Airbnb account. When it says Hidden by Airbnb, that means Airbnb algorithms blocked out whatever the host had written there. It could have said to make a facebook account, or a vrbo account.

But it's very odd that a host would ask you to make any sort of account when you already have an Airbnb account. Why are they asking you to make some other account?

Looked at a reservation and all the guest messages now read in the inbox. "This message has been hidden because the person no longer has access to Airbnb". The reservation is still there. What does this mean??

I’m communicating with a host whose property is new to Airbnb. There are no reviews yet. Her email said that she has a review on Hidden Airbnb. I’m reluctant to reserve since I rely on reviews. How do I access this hidden review. Thx