High Season changes in number of people

Nancy1588
Level 5
Powell River, Canada

High Season changes in number of people

Hi from BC Canada. I've had my oceanfront Airbnb site operating for 1.5 yrs now and am a Superhost. I can accommodate 2-6 people with a 2 bedroom suite and 1 bdm sleep cabin for a 6 person groups. The way I set it up is a base 2-person rate then $50 extra per person/$100/couple (since there is not a bedroom option which would be better). I've got great reviews and am getting established. I do not do instabook so I always have a chat with people prior to booking. I'd like to change the high season months to a min 4 person rate then $50 pp extra for the sleep cabin. I see that people are doing multiple listings and syncing calendars to accomplish this. In my case 1bdm listing, 2bdm listing, then 3bedroom. I find this complicated and time consuming. I'm concerned that my reviews & Superhost Status would not follow the new ones. I explain it fully in the listing. Is there any other way to accomplish this?

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Nancy1588 the advantage of separate listings are you do not have to 'police' the number of people coming and you can block the 1 or even 2 bed listings in high season.

The reviews and superhost status will stay on your profile. the only downside is that each listing will attract fewer bookings

I see this advantage now, though it would be useful to have that functionality in one listing. I guess we just work with how it is designed. Thanks so much for the feedback. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Nancy1588 in addition to what @Mike-And-Jane0 already said, the Superhost status is for the host, not the listing, and will be based on the total stats and ratings from all your listings. It will appear on all your listings, both in the search results, and on the listings themselves next to the host section.

In contrast, the reviews (and category ratings), will only appear on the listing that the guest who is reviewing booked. Still, next to those reviews, it will also say "Nancy has X number of reviews for other listings" so guests can still click on that to see the others.

I see thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it.