Home insurance in high risk flood area

Cian1728
Level 2
Conwy, United Kingdom

Home insurance in high risk flood area

Hello, I’m trying to find an insurer that will cover airbnb hosting but also flood. 
considering it’s in a high risk flood area I’m struggling to find both, has anyone had similar issues and found a solution?

thanks 

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Cian1728 Have you tried JL Morris insurance brokers? I have no idea if they cover floods but they are good at Airbnbs.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Cian1728 , Seems like Mike has shared one of the popular recommendation in the Community when it comes to insurance. How are you progressing with deciding an appropriate insurance provider? Have you found a reliable lead that covers high risk flood situations as well? 

Please keep us posted! Your suggestions and experience could help many Hosts visiting our Community 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Cian1728
Level 2
Conwy, United Kingdom

I'm still waiting to hear back from JL Morris. At the minute it seems no insurers have any appetite to for flood cover and airbnb host cover.
The one's that would provided a flood excess that may as well have not been flood cover.
Bearing in mind the house was flooded 7 years ago. I found one insurer that would cover it if it was over 10 years ago which was homeprotect insurance. 

So at the minute I'm biting the bullet and getting airbnb cover excluding flood, and am going to spend the money on my own flood defences which I believe will be sufficient as the flooding in the area isn't actually that bad compared to other areas.  

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Your comment is very insightful @Cian1728 ! So glad to hear that the flooding in the area can be tackled with a few strategies.

Do keep us updated when you hear back from JL Morris and what tactics you're going to apply as a flood defense. We hope other Host members can come and support you with some advice in the meantime 🌻.

All the best!

-----

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Cian1728 , just wanted to check in! Have you heard back from the insurance provider since we last talked about it? It would be really interesting to hear if there were any suitable policies in place. It could help many Hosts looking for a similar solution 😉

-----