Host - Coast of Maine

Alan1534
Level 1
Surry, ME

Host - Coast of Maine

I am a host on a beautiful Coastal Maine property. It is located in Hancock County with a beautiful vista out to the mountains of Acadia National Park. I have been a host for about 9 years. However, during January, February and the first half of March, I have noticed a significant decline in the amount of guests, and, of course, therefore my revenue. My prices are similar to what they were one year ago. I am wondering if others have experienced a similar decrease in their occupancy rates and overall amount of guests. I welcome your responses. 

5 Replies 5
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Alan1534  Search for “Low bookings” at the top of this page, and set the date to “1 year”. Here is a quick, random screenshot of the results.

10DB50CE-7FEA-4D7C-91B8-99EFC741A179.png

So yes, I think it’s safe to say that thousands of hosts have had low bookings.

In many, many areas,  too much supply, not enough demand.

I would coach you on what to do about this, but there’s lots of advice already on this forum, accessible by performing the search above. I have nothing more of value to add.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Alan1534 prices a year ago were high - I suspect we all have to accept lower rates this year

I put my rates up last year and this year to take into account rising utilities and this is my busiest year @Mike-And-Jane0 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Alan1534 ,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

I have moved your post from an older board to our newer boards for visibility! I hope other members' suggestions and tips help you.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Susan4323
Level 1
Paris, ME

Hi Alan, Depends on if there is good skiing nearby.  Most of my guests come for skiing in Jan and Feb