Host assistance

Answered!
Mary6169
Level 1
Brisbane, Australia

Host assistance

Hi,

I am seeking assistance with dynamic pricing please.

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Mary6169 It is hard to help with dynamic pricing (smart pricing) as, unlike its name, it is a bit dumb.

If you use it then make sure the min price is acceptable to you and that the max price is not too high.  

My personal view:

1) it is useless at picking up big events happening locally and doesnt even seem to recognise Christmas or July 4th in America.

2) The min/max have to suit the whole year so it isn't easy to set up for high and low seasons

3) It seems to work by having a high price (which if set too high will get you no bookings) and then reverts to the min price a few weeks before the stay no matter what the market is doing. As such a let minute cancellation will generate a super low price even for a major holiday.

Of course you can always override it at any time by adding your choice of price into the calendar.

Hope this helps

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Mary6169 It is hard to help with dynamic pricing (smart pricing) as, unlike its name, it is a bit dumb.

If you use it then make sure the min price is acceptable to you and that the max price is not too high.  

My personal view:

1) it is useless at picking up big events happening locally and doesnt even seem to recognise Christmas or July 4th in America.

2) The min/max have to suit the whole year so it isn't easy to set up for high and low seasons

3) It seems to work by having a high price (which if set too high will get you no bookings) and then reverts to the min price a few weeks before the stay no matter what the market is doing. As such a let minute cancellation will generate a super low price even for a major holiday.

Of course you can always override it at any time by adding your choice of price into the calendar.

Hope this helps