House cleaning schedule

Answered!

House cleaning schedule

We are starting our first Airbnb and it should be on the market by may of 2022. What do people find to be the easiest as far as property cleaning such as the linens, bed sheets, and general house cleaning? Is it easiest to call your cleaning company after each guest checks out, or do you automatically schedule it for every week? We are trying to automate as much as possible but this seems like something that might need to be done after each check-out. 

1 Best Answer
Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

I added my housekeeper as a co host.  This allows her access to view the diary in advance and work her schedule and other local cleans around check outs - we’re  generally both available on checkout days.  Prior to adding her as a co host I used to screenshot the calendar and PM it over to her and mark changeover days in red.  

You’ll need to decide if you’re doing it yourself, employing a housekeeper/cleaner direct or going through an agency/company.  You then need to work out if you want to leave a day between bookings (not a bad idea until you get into a routine) or take same day bookings.  

My suggestion would be to make sure you have at least one spare set of bedding and towels so you  don’t have to wait for everything to be washed and dried.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Tyler483 

Welcome to the Airbnb Community😃

Whether you clean yourselves or pay a cleaner. Cleaning (linen, towels, vacuum, wash floors, bathrooms, showers, etc) must be done after each guest(s) checks out and before the next guest(s) arrives.  Imagine if guest #1 trashed your place, it was not cleaned, and guest #2 self checks into a pigsty.  Your ratings, IMO, would be tanked so fast.

All the best in your new venture!

I apologize I worded this a little weird, the house will definitely be cleaned after each guest. What I meant was do you call the cleaner after each guest or have an automated cleaning schedule set up based on your months bookings

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Tyler483  "Might" need to be done after each check out? You can't hope to run an Airbnb that isn't thoroughly cleaned, disinfected, and restocked  between bookings. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Tyler483  Just saw your addendum explanation. I do my own cleaning, but hosts who employ cleaners would send the cleaner a copy of the booking calendar and arrange what time the cleaner should come in, depending on your check-out time.

Make sure you schedule enough time for the cleaner to do a good job. That depends more on the size of the place rather than the length of booking, as some slovenly guests can manage to leave the place a disaster after one or two nights, whereas others might leave it super tidy and clean after staying a week. 

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

I added my housekeeper as a co host.  This allows her access to view the diary in advance and work her schedule and other local cleans around check outs - we’re  generally both available on checkout days.  Prior to adding her as a co host I used to screenshot the calendar and PM it over to her and mark changeover days in red.  

You’ll need to decide if you’re doing it yourself, employing a housekeeper/cleaner direct or going through an agency/company.  You then need to work out if you want to leave a day between bookings (not a bad idea until you get into a routine) or take same day bookings.  

My suggestion would be to make sure you have at least one spare set of bedding and towels so you  don’t have to wait for everything to be washed and dried.

**[Advertisement removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Worst spam example ever @Erica1314 

Hi neighbor, We live in Bonita national golf club, we have a company of house cleaning, Pet watch and home watch. We have insurance and license, if you need anything let me know, Call us for free estimate 954-225-3192 Geisa and Nilton, we have 10 years of experience with vacation home, you have a good evening

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Geisa8 

You are not allowed to advertise or post contact details on this forum.