How can I add a 360 Virtual Tour to my listing?

Answered!
Clement0
Level 3
Fuente Blanca, Spain

How can I add a 360 Virtual Tour to my listing?

Hi,

We have been hosting for two years now and have been doing ok with our pictures.  We found this website http://do360now.com that does virtual tours for real estate.  Here's a  Sample of 360 Virtual Tour for showing the properties   

The way it works is that they come and shoot pictures with a 360 camera and then they provide a link similar to what I have on the top where you can add to your listings or website.   

We can't seem to be able to add this link to our pictures or to our discription.  Does anybody know how we could add 360 Virtual Tour to our listing?

Thank you indvacned,

Clement

1 Best Answer
Bruno795
Level 2
Luanda, Angola

Create a QR code with the 360 virtual tour hyperlink and add it to your photos on Airbnb 🙂 

View Best Answer in original post

122 Replies 122

Lizzie:

I think a 360-degree photo is a great idea. I tried to contact Airbnb to propose a similar idea but there is rare feedback for me.

I saw that you are keen to reply to Clement under this post. Also, it has been a year since the post. How did it go? Why is this proposal ignored?

Sincerely,

Ruoxi Li

Justin63
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Hey everyone...if you have a camera phone that shoots video do it your self. Here's how. http://m.wikihow.com/Make-a-Virtual-Tour
Jon66
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Its my understanding that airbnb are beta testing the service which I have been offering for a year now. 

Its a high end product which Im using mainly for exclusive luxury properties at present. Im looking at making it more affordable on bigger scale. For those interested in seeing what's possible click the play button on this presentation to take you into a walk through experience that has to be seen to be believed. You can also play it on VR headsets such as the Samsung Gear and the Google  Cardboard headsets. 360 walk through tour [link removed]

Great topic, we looked into this a couple of months ago after staying in a villa, and realising the layout wasn't quite what we expected - I thought if I could have taken a tour we would have been better prepared.  We are also a host of our own property and I did a bit of research on my return. To cut a long story short, we ended up buying the equipment, software and doing our own tour - you can see it at [link removed]. We worked out a simple way to embed it in an iframe, and also, for channels where only Video is allowed, we filmed a version of the tour. However, this is nowhere near as good as the interactive one. 

I think it is a huge benefit to the potential customer. In our case, you can see the close proximity of our apartment to the river & town, then the security of the complex and parking space, and gardens before even entering the apartment. I deliberately decided to have the viewer have to actually walk through the tour in order rather than be able to jump to locations but this can be changed. We have also embedded 'info' in the tour such as things we often get asked.

In our tour, when you look at the towels in a room (for example), an info bubble lets you know they are provided. We have also added recorded video within the tour, (see the TV in the bedroom) and links to 'book' the property from a click (again within the tour itself).  It can be viewed on a VR headset, or normally on PC/Phone/Tablet. It's a fantastic marketing tool and our bookings have increased as a result. But, as you all rightly point out - getting it on my listings (not just on Airbnb, but others) is not so simple. All channels must surely look at allowing this soon. We combat this by adding links in descriptions on other channels, or by trying to direct as many people as possible to the tour direct on our property site. 

Seeing as we bought all the gear, and have our own successful property letting (with more coming), we thought it would be a good idea to start offering the service to other Holiday Letters - They start at £99 for a basic tour, which we thought we would be happy to have paid ourselves to get one done. If you want the full bells and whistles they can be added for more. You can find details on the centurionyork website.

Jonathan 

curious have you tried the qr code solution reply that was selected as the best response to your question?

Hi all, I am Bill from Singapore. As a user for Air BNB, I realised the photo gives you a sense of the place but until you see the whole thing you really do not know. There are expensive 3D solutions like google out there so we set up to doing something really different..

I use Air BNB for business aanddn we do real estate. We are a solution provider which helps agents and agencies market their property, they were also requesting for 3D.  We had to build for them a simple solution meant for non techies that could help them build these 3D fast and beautiful! The end result was Panoroo.com  It is

1. Ridiculously simple to use

2. Mobile First and Friendly
3. Multiple Scenes, because you may be renting the whole house so you need to show different rooms to everyone
4. No plugins needed, just the mordern HTML5 browser. We tested this on  quite a few platforms:

Here is an example:
panaroo [link removed]

You can simply put a link on air bnb site or embed ( hopefully they will allow it )

or as a whole iframe

[link removed]

We built this because we use the Air bnb and could not find something to show case the house. Rather than wait for someone to do it ,we built it and made it really simple for people who need to show 360 panorama who are NOT tech savvy. If you are keen its free for the first few trials!

[link removed]

Genadii0
Level 1
Chisinau, Moldova

It would be great if AirBnB do not reinvent the wheel and integrates with some VR tours constructor like https://viar.live/ . I for example use it to promote our local tourism (http://www.visit.md/) and run my VR tours agency.

Hey, I know the company called TorontoRentals.com in Toronto, Canada doing this. They shoot in 3d and then send you a link you can add to your description that will open up the 3d tour from ur airbnb page.

website seems to be down, it is a credible company

Ruoxi0
Level 2
Wuhan, China

Clement:

This is a great idea. I tried to contact Airbnb to propose a similar idea but there is rare feedback for me.

It's been a year since you posted this, how did it go?

Would you mind me sending you some materials by email that I found out regarding this issue?

Sincerely,

Ruoxi Li

[Personal advertising hidden]

[Personal advertising hidden]

Pei2
Level 2
Surrey, Canada

I do provide such a full virtual tour service.

[Personal advertising removed]

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone, @Clement0@Jon66@Pei2@Ruoxi0@Seth18,@Damir0@Dj1@Michele194@Clarence5@Nick30@Gj0@Manideep0

It is great to see this discussion is still active and that you are so excited by 360 videos. The technology for this just seems to be getting better and better.

I just wanted to mention, you may have seen some of the links and content has been removed from the comments here, this is because CC personal advertising is not permitted, as you can imagine if it were we would be slightly inundated with promotional material which is not the point of the Community Center. 

Going back to the topic. I shared quite a few months ago a link to an idea to add a video option to listings, which was created in our ideas board 'Host Voice', unfortunately it didn't quite receive enough support to be featured and so the idea was archived. If there is still a strong feeling towards this being implemented, perhaps one of you would like to start a new idea in Host Voice with a clear overview of what your idea is, why it would be benefical and how you think it could work. The most community supported ideas are then reviewed by the Product Team. 🙂

Lastly, this got me thinking it would be great to hear your thoughts, if this were to be implemented, how do you think you could insure the quality of videos being added to each listing is of a good standard across the whole platform? For example, would you perhaps have a similar programme to the Airbnb photographer programme? Would you make this an optional thing? It would be great to hear your thoughts. 🙂

I hope this is helpful and let continue this. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie:

Thank you for your replying!

I am pretty passionated with 360-degree photos.

There are lots of advantages of 360-degree photos compared with videos or third-party applications. I also endorse a similar program with the professional photography program.

I did a deep research in every aspect of the implementation including user's need analysis, technology details, operation from the user's end, buget plan (not specific because we are outsiders) and the future of VR.

I will hopefully post a well-written proposal in the Host Voice in two weeks. The only ploblem might be that I would write too long to fit in the post.

Ruoxi