How do I build up Mid-term rentals in Kansas City Mo?

Jonathan2634
Level 1
Atchison, KS

How do I build up Mid-term rentals in Kansas City Mo?

I can't get a license for short term rentals in Kansas City (the city refuses to issue any licenses), so I'm losing $ every month because the in-between times are a complete loss and the house doesn't stay booked.  I am trying to use Lodgify and list on multiple sites. I have workout equipment, games, patio, full kitchen, King and 2 queen beds, Smart TV's, and Kids Play area.  I'm just seeing if there is another fresh take on something else I can add?  Does anyone add pictures of things to do in the city in their photos?  

3 Replies 3
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Jonathan2634 

You need to find your market and then you entice then,  Haha

A home near a medical center reading your review I thought wow I never thought of t6hat  A family spot while mom is receiving treatment.    Talk about  the great ability to work still and think about a 30 day stay but maybe different family members during the month,  Son 2 weeks then daughter two weeks.  Especially if cancer treatment is happening,  Hospitals all have social workers on staff which helps families find resources set up a good plan sell the social workers and they will advertise for you.

Also network with realtors. Families buyo sometime need a month or two spot

Contract medical is better than student just I think your homes are beautiful so you want that appreciation.  Look on the internet like  your a nurse or therapists like physical are contracted

Promote your Airbnb site to the agencies again sell them you have free advertising..

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Jonathan2634 👋

Wowee, you sound like you've got sooo many amenities for your guests (you'd have a full house on our amenities bingo game!)

I love @Marie8425's idea about reaching out to medical professionals, do you think this is something you might explore? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Rebecca I've reached out to the social work department at Children's Mercy Hospital and KUMC with no return E-mail and no word at all.  I haven't heard anything from the medical recruiters I know that place Anesthesia Providers but I keep trying them as well.  I have also just signed up with lodgify and tried to add a website KansasCityAreaFurnishedHousing.com through lodgify but that doesn't seem to be active yet.  I also have KCMTR.com that I am working on as a possible direct booking site that will hopefully draw in by google keywords in the future.  I am trying to link these along with the other.  It's just getting all things to work together and taking the time to get all things up and running. I have been working with the lodgify app for a week to make sure I don't mess that up while turning over after some messy tenants that didn't do well in KC.  I am making a pilot themed Airbnb in the birthplace town for Amelia Earhart about an hour outside KC and it is finally looking closer to what I had envisioned.  I work full time in hospitals around the country and come home to work my tail off for a week and then return to my out of town computer and calls action.  So the next week and a half will be web-building and attempting to advertise more with the word getting out more!