How do I know my @name on here?

Answered!

How do I know my @name on here?

Are we a loud to message other hosts directly? I can't figure out how to do that without creating a booking "inquiry" with dates.

1 Best Answer
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @John-And-Cherie0 

Firstly your user name on the CC is @John-And-Cherie0 .  

If you know the user name of the host you want to contact, you can click on their profile picture and you will see "send a message" and from there you can send a private message to that person.

If it's not someone who is already on the CC and you want to message a host from their listing you need to use the"contact host" but I think you have to enter dates to be able to do this.  Just make sure you are only "requesting information" in which case the host has 24 hours to reply to you by either pre-approving, accepting or declining your fictitious dates. 

According to @Robert-And-Ronda0, this wasn't a great experience when they tried it but it really depends on how helpful the other host wants to be.

Trying to contact a host via the usual social media groups is also a possibility.

All the best

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4

This is the problem I was having so I decided to set up a booking and messaged the host. They declined the booking and replied guest was not looking to book. Asked a question about hosting.  I would not recommend it. 

If you find a way to message them please let me know.

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @John-And-Cherie0 

Firstly your user name on the CC is @John-And-Cherie0 .  

If you know the user name of the host you want to contact, you can click on their profile picture and you will see "send a message" and from there you can send a private message to that person.

If it's not someone who is already on the CC and you want to message a host from their listing you need to use the"contact host" but I think you have to enter dates to be able to do this.  Just make sure you are only "requesting information" in which case the host has 24 hours to reply to you by either pre-approving, accepting or declining your fictitious dates. 

According to @Robert-And-Ronda0, this wasn't a great experience when they tried it but it really depends on how helpful the other host wants to be.

Trying to contact a host via the usual social media groups is also a possibility.

All the best

Joëlle

Thank you so much for that information Joelle! Unfortunately, we found this out the hard way yesterday. We did eventually connect on the community message center but I had to provide my @name first to her in the message she sent an inquiry on with instructions on how to message me. Once I posted my comment here was when my @name finally displayed to me. That is the only way I was able to get my name and message it to her. Thanks again! Hopefully this helps others in the future.

Best,

Cherie

Hi @Joelle43 ,

Thank you so much for detailing the correct solution for @John-And-Cherie0 's query. Really appreciate that.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines