How do I remove the Special Discount in my listing?

Answered!
Tristan28
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

How do I remove the Special Discount in my listing?

I just signed up as a host and opted in to the 15% off all bookings. However, I realise I don't want this on my listing as I would prefer to offer weekly and monthly discounts. How do I remove this from my listing?

At the moment, if someone books for a week, they get the 15% off and another percentage off for weekly/monthly. I would prefer to encourage long term bookings but with the 15%, I would need to hike up my prices too much.

Please help me disable this instant 15% discount. I don't know how to do it!

thanks!

1 Best Answer

I figured out. In the calendar, there is a small tag

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 10.28.27 AM.png

View Best Answer in original post

66 Replies 66
Valerie1056
Level 2
El Paso, TX

How do I turn off the discount in my listing?

Thang13
Level 1
San Jose, CA

Phew, I finally found a way to remove it. I share it back here hopefully it helps everyone who encounters it. 

1. Open the calendar on the desktop browser

2. Click on a day where the promotion is active.

3. On the right panel you will see it list the pricing and so on, there is a close X button on the top of the panel. Click it.

4. It will close that view and open the promotion view, where you can select the promotion and delete it. 

Hope it helps. Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 7.26.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 7.26.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 7.26.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 7.26.29 PM.png

For me it says "no promotions available" and when I opened it, there's a "show past promotion" and I saw the "New listing promotion 20% from Mar 7 - Jun 5" and doesn't even have the option to turn it off. I don't know what I'll do. 😭

Aaron919
Level 1
Longmont, CO

Aaron919_0-1652846828642.png

Aaron919_1-1652846909234.png

I just ran into this. In the Customize your Calendar and pricing block that appears when you switch to hosting view, select "Promote your listing." It will look like it's already checked, but by clicking on it again you can dive into it and edit it.

Hi everyone,

I have had this same issue and none of these solutions worked for me. Here is what happened for me and how I solved it:

On desktop, when you click calendar, apparently you should see two buttons on the right, one called "Custom settings" and one called "Promotions". I spoke with Airbnb and they said they can see it on my account but for some reason I couldn't. We verified I couldn't after sharing screenshots bothways. They asked me to clear browsing history and I refused as I have too many things in there that I need in my browser history.

So I continued to look for an option on the app and I found one. This is what I did on the app:

1. Click calendar

2. There should be a place where your listing is mentioned and a small mini calendar above it. Click that 

3. Now it should open up the calendar in full screen mode. Against your listing name, there should be a small tag on top right of page, click that.

4. Promotions page should open up, scroll to the bottom to find "active promotions"

5. Click on any promotion you want to edit

6. Click on "delete promotion" button if you wish to delete it. 

Hope this helps some of you. 

Thanks so much - I've had the exact same problem as you, not being able to delete a current promotion or add any new ones and it has been with AirBnB's 'Technical Team' for several weeks now (still with no solution).

Lifesaver!

Thank you it worked for me