How does Airbnb calculate their price for your property?

Christine833
Level 1
Corsham, United Kingdom

How does Airbnb calculate their price for your property?

I have just had a request from someone who wants to rent my apartment for a month, my pricing would be around £4,900 before any discounts, I sent a message stating the rate then pre-approved the booking, when the confirmation came from Airbnb they had quoted £1,500!!!  Can anyone help explain haw I set my prices so that Airbnb can’t change them 🤞

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Christine833 I just put in dates for March and got £3300 ish.

What discounts have you got for length of stay prices?

Christine833
Level 1
Corsham, United Kingdom

For what property ?

@Christine833 the flat in Dorset.

@Christine833    I looked at both your properties. Total for month is  USD3944  (plus  Airbnb fee  USD$394.00) exchange to  GB£3,000 at current exchange rates, there is no discount listed..   As far as I know Airbnb leave it up to the host to price their properties, add discounts, smart pricing etc.  It could be a glitch, I would call Airbnb.   Similar happened to my listing last year.

Christine833
Level 1
Corsham, United Kingdom

Thank you for replying, I can’t find a number to call them on, can I send you a copy of what I received ?

@Christine833     Click here for the many ways to contact Airbnb:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/m-p/413245

+44 203 318 1111

Some have suggested twitter gets the best and fastest results.

@Marie82     I didn't get them to recognize their mistake on the biggest loss, hundreds of dollars, but they did pay me for many of the smaller losses I had around the same time due to their glitches, but without admitting culpability.

Marie82
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

@Christine833  sorry to hear that i really wish u will not take such a guest at such a price and will call Airbnb to cancel that booking.

@Ange2 how did u succeeded to make Airbnb recognise of their mistake, this happens to me also this year but they never wanted to admit there were an issue with their system, actually, they never got back to me even with a screenshot I had.

Thank you, I can’t find a number to call them 😩