How does one Start or begin as a Cohost?

Tara993
Level 1
Sonora, CA

How does one Start or begin as a Cohost?

Hello All!

I am new here and I am looking to get into the airbnb business. I would love to get experience as a Cohost, but I don't know how

or where to start with that? What is recommended? I would love to help anyone who needs it and I love learning new things.

I can start by doing part time, if that helps? I don't know if you have courses you can take to learn this? Any information would be

greatly appreciated! Thank you and have a Beautiful Day!

Sincerely,

Tara Witherbee

1 Reply 1

Hello Tara,

It's exciting to hear you're interested in entering the Airbnb business as a co-host! Co-hosting can be a rewarding way to learn the ins and outs of hosting without taking on the full responsibility right away. Here's how to get started:

Co-hosts assist the main host with their duties, which can include managing reservations, preparing the space, welcoming guests, and handling any issues that arise. Since the role of a co-host is usually by invitation from the main host, you'll need to connect with hosts looking for help.

Although there aren't official courses by Airbnb on co-hosting, there are plenty of resources available:

1. Airbnb Community Center: A place to learn from experienced hosts and share knowledge.
  2. Online Courses: Websites like Udemy or Coursera offer courses in hospitality management which can provide valuable insights and skills.

On Airbnb, update your profile to reflect your interest in co-hosting. Mention any relevant skills such as organization, communication, or previous experience in hospitality.

Join local Airbnb host groups or forums online. Networking is crucial as it can lead to co-hosting opportunities. Attend local meetups or connect via social media platforms. You may also offer to assist a host you know or reach out to hosts in your area expressing your interest in co-hosting. Even starting with simple tasks can help you build credibility and gain trust.

Remember, every bit of experience counts, and positive feedback will be key to your growth.

Hope this helps and have a wonderful journey in the Airbnb business.

All the best,

Upfish Management