How long did it take the city of LA to issue you your Extended Home Sharing Certificate /Permit?

David-And-Katie1
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

How long did it take the city of LA to issue you your Extended Home Sharing Certificate /Permit?

We are superhosts who have been dealing with HSR number issues for over 9 months and have recently submitted all our paperwork to be granted a permit for Extended Sharing Permit. 

The City of LA has not given a timeline of how long it will take to process this and we are currently unable to book any new stays due to the fact that we have reached our 120 day limit.

we’ve lost SO MUCH MONEY over the last 9 months because of the tech problems on the Airbnb side and the lack of communication on the side of LA city regulations.

For those of you who have had success getting an Extended Home Sharing permit, how long did the process take you?

18 Replies 18
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Pete69 

Can you help answer a fellow LA Host  @David-And-Katie1 ?

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

I only have a basic under 120-day permit. It took them a day or two to process my renewal after letting my permit from the last year lapse. So, I don't know how long it takes to process one of those extended permits.

Yes, the city is incompetent. I inquired about how long it would take to get re-permitted. It took them about 2 weeks to respond after I have emailed AND called them! Last year, when I didn't renew my permit, they looked at my dormant Airbnb listing and send me a letter, claiming that I was operating without a permit. Never mind that I had all of my calendar dates blocked out and it said in my listing that I was closed until sometime in 2021. The escalating fees (for hosts and guests) and incompetence of the city is one of the reasons this is my last season doing this.

Hi! I submitted mine renewal extended permit a month ago...still no answer. This is my first renewal. Last year first time requesting it it took 25 days. I'm worried because I received an email remaining me to submit it when it was already submitted 15 day prior? I think they have a mess and I'm worried.  It will expire on the 25th. Any notes?

Hi Marina,

I am in your situation.  Did you get the renewal?  My extended home sharing renewal ends soon and I applied at the end of May.  I did not hear any updates from them and it's been past 30 days and I have called 3 times and left messages.  Did they let the time period expire?  What happened?  Any input would be so helpful.  @Marina790 

Hi same situation again! Did u finally get it? 

Nahid15
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Hi host. Anyone have a hook up or connect in the home sharing department to get approval faster? 

Hi Nahid15, 

I just submitted and paid a 180$ fee to L.A City for HSR. Any luck if you have received your HSR permit? Wondering how long it takes? 

Thanks

brian 

Hey Brian! Dealing with this now…how long did it end up taking? 🙂

Hi Nahid! Dealing with this now, do you have any tips based on your experience?!

I'm going crazy trying to fix this issue, it's maddening!

Brian2318
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Hi,

I started applying just few days ago through airbnb link on hsr for la  city. (The directions seem so simple but I have to paste an url: to verify the send)

I'm stuck here because my first attempt to host can't confirm airbnb url link. 

Any pointers? Anybody had same issue to share on getting hsr? 

Thx

Brian2170
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Any updates from anyone on this?  I submitted my extended home sharing permit over a month ago and no response.

Have you received yours yet?

Sammy32
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

No one picks up. The whole department wasn’t even there for a few months I had to apply four times and pay the fee and it took me over four months