How to apply a discount?

Rikke-and-Michael0
Level 2
Málaga, Spain

How to apply a discount?

I have agreed on a discount with a guest that already confirmed her booking. How do I change the price of the booking?

It is not a general discount, but a specific discount to this guest.

Thank you in advance for letting me know.

4 Replies 4
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Rikke-and-Michael0  You can go to the reservation details for this guest and scroll down to "change or cancel reservation."  There you'll see options for changing the amount.  Calculate the discount and enter a new amount.

HOWEVER - I just tested it to be sure I was telling you the right thing, and when I clicked "change or cancel reservation" on a couple of different reservations, I got the Ice Cream Lady saying there was an error.  So you might have to contact support.  Sorry!

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Rikke-and-Michael0 

You just need to create a special offer 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/1349/what-is-a-special-offer . If the booking is confirmed you will have to do it through the Resolution Centre. Don't forget Airbnb will add their fees on top.

@Ann72   you can't use the amend/cancel button to create a request for the guest to send you money

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Helen3 Gah,  you're right- you can only do that before the booking is final?  I  have done it but since I can't get to that screen I  don't remember how it was done.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Helen3 @Rikke-and-Michael0  Hang on - this host isn't requesting money - she's offering a discount and wants to change the amount.  You can do that with "change or cancel."  See this article - https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/50/as-a-host-how-do-i-make-a-change-to-a-confirmed-reservation - which confirms this.  I've done it before and I know that was how I did it.

"

If you need to make a change to a confirmed reservation, you can submit a change request to your guest. You can request to change the dates of the reservation, the price, the number of guests, and the specific listing (if you have more than one).

1. Go to Your Reservations
  2. Click Change or Cancel next to the reservation you want to change
  3. Choose Change Reservation
  4. Click Submit Alteration

If the guest accepts your request, the reservation will be updated and they'll be charged or refunded if necessary. If the request is declined or you don’t receive a response, the reservation will stay the same."