How to be a Superhost

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How to be a Superhost

Superhost.jpg

Hello everyone,

If you’re new here, welcome to the Community Center! The Community Center is a place for our global community of hosts to connect and share ideas.

Join this discussion to learn about what it takes to be a Superhost. Superhosts go above and beyond for every guest and often share valuable tips for creating great stays. From thoughtful gestures like leaving chocolates on pillows to welcoming guests with a handwritten note, there are many ways to be an outstanding host.

Do you have a favorite hosting tip? Share what you do to go the extra mile below. Click “Join the Conversation” to participate.

We look forward to hearing your tips!

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

256 Replies 256

Thanks Lizzie. I am still sleeping on the settee waiting for new carpet but my guest units are all fine and the outside is sorted. Take care

Hello, I have been with abb for over 4 years and was always a Suerhost.  This year I got an email stating my status had dropped off of Super host.  When I inquired as to why, they told me I had not booked enough in the past quarter.  I was shocked to hear this, since I thought SuperHost status was based on quality and service.  I am very disappointed it has moved into quarterly financial results as well.  I have 3 main issues:

1) My home has always been very difficult to find on abb.  Many people have told me they could not find it even when I gave them the exact name.  After long hours on the phone about this with abb, I found out they had my coordinates wrong.  Even though I was a SuperHost, I never had preferred booking location which then effected my bookings, then I get dropped as a SuperHost!

2) To increase my bookings, I tried the “Instant Book”.  This has turned into a nightmare.

3) Our County is putting restrictions on us renters to abb since there have been problems with renters.  They are requiring us home owners to put in garbage receptacles that cost $1200-$1500 if we want to continue to rent our homes via abb.  Will abb contribute to the cost of these expensive requirements?  

Hello everyone,

hello from Batumi (Georgia) and I want to tell you about my experience.
 I think It is very important to have a relationship with a guest, I always meet them personally, they will be at the airport or the railway station. then i first time show them the city to explain where there can exchange money, walk, buy necessary items and so on.
at the end we all are happy 🙂

I have met the criteria but haven’t received my super host badge. ?😔. Or is there something I have missed 

Attestation period lasts 2 weeks so be patient 🙂 one week more

Double check on the time they take to determine.

I have done the same, and I just keep waiting and waiting, then the date changes so I wait more.

Juliette97
Level 2
New York, NY

I have well over the minimum numbers in all categories to attain superhost status. I checked on my status weeks ago and was told via the Superhost page that next assessment was July1 (thru July 14.) Now when i check my status, it says next assessment period is Oct1! Wondering why the delay, if requirements have been met. Anyone know how i can reach them directly to see if i can get Superhost Status in next two days?

@Juliette97   I think their software is just wacky- A few days ago my stats still said assessment period of June 30, 2017 to July 1, 2018. It said I had 15 guest stays. Then suddenly yesterday it switched from 15 to 13, leaving me wondering how I lost 2 past guests, but that was because the assessment period also suddenly changed to Sept.30 2017 to Oct.1st 2018. I'm assuming that they are still basing this July assessment on the stats from June-July, but if their system was actually set up properly, the assessment period should have shown up as Sept-Oct on July 1st, not some random date between then and July 14th.

Tony285
Level 2
Oakleigh South, Australia

Firstly a heartfelt thank *you to all my guests* who took a moment to write a review and gave me 5 stars and the other who gave me to do lists.

To me it is the communication with the guests is the most important thing. A simple "got it thanks"  takes a long way. I try to encourage them to communicate their needs and issues if any and this will make them feel confident and an extra human touch. So far I have accomplished everything that guests indicated to me as good to have and the next guest will benefit from that.

I also learnt that handing them a super clean bathrom and a tidy kitchen with stock up pantry with essentials for the stay that makes it work.

Jamie184
Level 3
Atlanta, GA

I got shafted today they took away my status even thought meet all requirements. Now another year before I receive the reward for 1 year superhost... I think they do this on purpose to not have to dosh out the 100$ travel credit... Shame on them, about done with BNB after bending backwards kissing butts to get a good rating and god forbid you charge for damages because your sure to get a horrific review!!!  Come on Airbnb, you should be smarter and more professional than that!

Jamie B
Jan384
Level 3
Dübendorf, Switzerland

Superhost gets evaluated every 3 months afaik...

Janet370
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Hi - I live in Seattle, WA and I'm looking for someone to host my property. Please respond if that's you! Thanks

Janet

Priscilla100
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

I have a very simple rule. I treat all of my guests the way I would want to be treated if I stayed in their home and make them feel as if they are in their own home .Hospitality and communication are key. I have met amazing and friendly  people with amazing stories. I love being an Airbnb superhost.

@Priscilla100 First how are you a Super Host when you only have 9 reviews and it requires 10 minimum? Secondly, just wait until you have been doing this for a while! Maintaing Superhost status is Impossible, when Airbnb changes your rating by 1% for 1 day (the Review date) then back to status just as your about to hit your annual super host status!!!

Jamie B