How to give access to Accountant to do financials

Answered!
Mimi-And-Vinny0
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

How to give access to Accountant to do financials

I am trying to give access to our accountant to the financials but do not see a way, is this possible? Would it be as a co-host? Or is there a better way? Please advise, thank you!

[Title updated by OCM to make it relevant to the question]

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Mimi-And-Vinny0  You cannot give your accountant access to the financial information.  As @Helen3 said, you can download the various reports in csv format, open and resave them in an excel spreadsheet, and forward those reports to your accountant.

You can also do what many hosts do and keep your own spreadsheet.  I enter the name of the guest, their arrival and departure dates, what I was paid in nightly, pet and cleaning fees, what the guest paid to AirBnB in service fees, what taxes the guest paid to AirBnB and the service fee that I as the host am charged.

I also keep the expense records for my AirBnB.  Electric bills, gas bills, water bills, garbage bills, cleaning supplies purchased, paper products purchased for guest use, miles driven to service my AirBnB, contractors fees, repair supplies purchased, etc.

My accountant loves me.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Mimi-And-Vinny0 

Welcome to the Community Center!

Did you manage to find out a way to do this?

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

No not exactly. Do you know how?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Download the data into an excel spreadsheet or similar @Mimi-And-Vinny0 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Mimi-And-Vinny0  You cannot give your accountant access to the financial information.  As @Helen3 said, you can download the various reports in csv format, open and resave them in an excel spreadsheet, and forward those reports to your accountant.

You can also do what many hosts do and keep your own spreadsheet.  I enter the name of the guest, their arrival and departure dates, what I was paid in nightly, pet and cleaning fees, what the guest paid to AirBnB in service fees, what taxes the guest paid to AirBnB and the service fee that I as the host am charged.

I also keep the expense records for my AirBnB.  Electric bills, gas bills, water bills, garbage bills, cleaning supplies purchased, paper products purchased for guest use, miles driven to service my AirBnB, contractors fees, repair supplies purchased, etc.

My accountant loves me.

@Lorna170 I also keep an Excel spreadsheet plus a file of receipts in case we are ever audited. The spreadsheet also has all our private bookings (about 20% of the total) which do not feature in any Airbnb reporting.

I LOVE this, thank you!

Would you be open to share a blank version of your spreadsheet?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Mimi-And-Vinny0 ],

I am tagging @Lorna170  so that she receives a notification of your question and can come back with her answer 🙂

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Travelling right now -- once home a month from now will be happy to DM you with a sample spreadsheet. @Mimi-And-Vinny0 

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Mimi-And-Vinny0 just print them out with the incomings to your bank . ... H