I Am Amazed At The Lack Of Help Airbnb Offers It's "Superhosts"

Peter3690
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I Am Amazed At The Lack Of Help Airbnb Offers It's "Superhosts"

Hello, I have been a Super Host with Airbnb for almost 2 years now. We own and manage 8 listings on the site, including 6 in Los Angeles where we live. In Los Angeles, hosts have to apply for and get a registration for each property you own, in order to offer short term rental to guests. The city has a terrible habit of taking several months to renew registrations, even when the host is in full compliance with  all local laws. One of our registrations took 6 months to be renewed and just prior to it's renewal, the city had Airbnb block us from renting for less than 30 days, due to the registration not being renewed yet. Once the situation with the city was resolved, I attempted to app the registration number back into the listing, so that I could continue to rent short term. Because I have 3 units on the same floor of the same building, I accidentally entered the registration number for one of the other units. As soon as I did it, i realized what I did and I attempted to remove the number and add the correct one. The Airbnb website would not allow me to do it. By the next day, it had accepted the wrong registration number for that listing which then caused me a problem on both the original listing, as well as on the listing that the registration number came from. I called Airbnb. The first person I spoke with spent all of one minute deciding that what I had to do was close the 2 listings and open 2 new ones with the right registration numbers. Between the 2 listings I have nearly 250 5 star reviews,so closing those listings made absolutely no sense. The agent I spoke to said that this was an issue over his head and that it would have to be escalated to a higher level agent. After 3 days I got no response from anyone. All I received was the message, "Do you Still Need Help". I said yes. The next day i got a copy and pasted email telling me that Airbnb was fully aware of issues with registrations in Los Angeles and that if I was having an issue with my registration I had to contact the city. they then closed the case. Of course, I wasn't having a problem with the city any longer, so whomever sent me this message decided not to actually read my messages and just copied and pasted this response so they could close the case. I contacted another agent named Marieke. They were seemingly more helpful and after about 5 days said that this was a simple problem to fix and that Airbnb's Regulatory Response team were going to have this fixed in a day or so.  That was 4 days ago and nothing. Now when i message Marieke, they don't answer. I called again yesterday and got an agent and after hearing all the problems I have dealt with she claimed that she would be the last person to have to deal with this and that she would get it resolved. She kept me on the line for about 30 minutes and finally came back to me with the great news that the Regulatory Response team had now received my proper registration number and would be fixing it by today. This morning I woke up to an email from someone named David, that was the same copy and pasted email I got 2 weeks ago saying that if I have a problem with my registration I have to contact the city of Los Angeles. Again, I was passed along to someone else who decided it would be too much effort to actually read the messaging about this issue and just copy and paste an answer that does me no good. Now after 2 weeks, I have one listing that I have had to delist, because I am afraid the city of LA will see I am trying to use the wrong registration number for and I have another listing that now has a cap on the amount of days i can still rent because there are 2 listings on the same license. i am fully aware that I made the original mistake. I have tried to fix that mistake for a long time now and no one at Airbnb wants to help. I am not sure if it is a language barrier issue since it is very clear that Airbnb farms out its support to countries where English may not be the first language or if this is just a case of a lot of very lazy people who literally do not care about their job. Either way, this is how Airbnb treats a good host. They should be ashamed of this. If it is happening to me it must be happening to a lot more people. This hurts both our business and Airbnb's business. Does anyone have a suggestion of what I should do now???"

1 Reply 1
Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi @Peter3690 

So sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with getting  these registrations correctly applied to your units. I know you posted awhile ago but wanted to check in and see if you had any progress at all with customer support?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines