I am Mexican my rental is in Baja California, they started with holding 30% of my payout. Any way I can decrease this amount? It’s killing me financially, some days I only get 20.

Answered!
Casa-De63
Level 1
Baja California, Mexico

I am Mexican my rental is in Baja California, they started with holding 30% of my payout. Any way I can decrease this amount? It’s killing me financially, some days I only get 20.

I use the adjustable night.y rate. 

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Casa-De63  Have you added your RFC info to your account? If not, you will have this high tax added.

And when taxes are charged on bookings, you have to up your nightly rate to cover them. It's the guest who is supposed to be covering the taxes, not the host.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Casa-De63  Have you added your RFC info to your account? If not, you will have this high tax added.

And when taxes are charged on bookings, you have to up your nightly rate to cover them. It's the guest who is supposed to be covering the taxes, not the host.

Casa-De63
Level 1
Baja California, Mexico

Thank you for answering! WHat is my RFC please? the 30% tax makeds it not worth doing!  I also need to change my account out of ex wife and have them send funds by western union. I dont have paypal account or bank account. my email is doingbaja@gmail.com

@Casa-De63  Don't post your email address here- this is a public forum, anyone on the internet can see it, it's a security risk for you. 

And this is just a discussion forum for hosts and guests, not customer service-no one here will email you.

You are Mexican and don't know what an RFC is? It is your tax number with Hacienda.

And you didn't listen to what I wrote- whatever taxes you have to pay should be added on to your nightly rate so they are paid by the guest. 

If you charge 1000 pesos/night and there is 300 pesos tax on it, you need to change your nightly rate to about 1400 pesos to still make 1000 p./night.

I don't know if you will see this but I'm hoping!  I've just gotten and RFC number but cannot find anywhere to enter the number on my account.  Do you happen to remember the steps you took to enter your number?  Any info would be greatly appreciated!  

@Deborah1157  I did see it! But only because I check in here more or less daily.  If you want a specific poster to get a notification that you are addressing them, you have to use the tagging feature.

I'm sorry, I can't remember where I entered  that info, it was over a year ago. As I recall, I just followed the prompts in the email had received about it.

Try clicking on Account and then Payments and Payouts. Or type "tax reporting" into the Help search bar on the main site.

Thanks @Sarah977 ! Appreciate the reply.  That is exactly what I did.  Was thinking I was on the right path with the Tax tab but it only asks for a VAT and doesn't even have Mexico as an option in the drop down menu.  Very confused and not finding much else in the forum when I type in the help search!  Will keep trying.  Thanks again.  

@Deborah1157  You might have to contact Airbnb CS to ask where to access the place to enter your RFC.

I found it! For anyone else looking it is under payments and payouts, then click the tax tab.  Then you click Add International Taxpayer and you will be asked for the number and address etc.  It was easy, just hidden in there where it was not so obvious.  

@Deborah1157  Why Airbnb doesn't have a simple menu that enables users to find a setting  easily, instead of forcing us to hunt and peck around to find things buried in non-intuitive places is ridiculous and just really poor programming design. For a company this big, it's inexcusable.