I’m in the process of buying a home, can we start taking reservations before we close?

I’m in the process of buying a home, can we start taking reservations before we close?

I know there are several things that can go wrong during a purchase. But the inspections have been done, the appraisal has been ordered and should be fine, and all the paperwork is at the underwriters. The only thing left is the final approval from the underwriters. We scheduled a longer than normal closing to avoid or resolve any last minute issues.

We will be staying in the property for a week after we close to make sure it is fine and has everything needed. 

Is there a checklist we can follow? 

2 Replies 2
Jillian115
Level 10
Jamestown, CA

@Michael5797 No you should not list a property thats not legally yours. It only takes days to get reservations. You should wait until you have it set up, list all the amenities, set up your rules and take lots of pictures. 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Michael5797 this is a personal choice. But I agree with @Jillian115 that you should set up your listing after you are in possession of the property and have set it up and taken good photos.

I know of no standard checklist. Please read Airbnb's terms of service completely before listing-- especially the damage claim process and the service animal policy.