I need a mentor and friend to help me with my project

I need a mentor and friend to help me with my project

Hiya everyone. I’m looking into possibly becoming a host. We have a Double wide out near Snow Camp area that I want to list. It’s pretty bare but has lots of wildlife, ponds, trails, we even have a small game room with super Nintendo’s and board games etc. What all do I need to put in the home besides the necessary 

5 Replies 5
Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Community Center @Mellissa12!

It sounds like there's no shortage of beautiful nature out there. I'll ask another host with lots of experience to stop by 😊

@Lorna170 do you have any tips for furnishing a listing in an area like this?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Can’t help in this instance. Double wide manufactured homes are not permitted as STRs in my state.  

Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

That is something I hadn't even thought of @Lorna170

Perhaps that would be a good place to start @Mellissa12 -- checking the local regulations in your area?  Is the Snow Camp area you're referring to in North Carolina?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can post on your local host group @Mellissa12 

if you want a mentor to help you set up your STR business on Airbnb you can ask for recommendations on your local host group for a cohost that you can pay a fee to to help you set up your listing 

Hi @Mellissa12 

Great suggestions already offered. As @Lorna170@Breanna mentioned, be sure you are aware of all the local ordinances and restrictions on short term rentals (if any). Make sure you understand what taxes you will be required to collect and pay (Airbnb does this for many locations, but not all). If you have an HOA, be sure short term rentals are permitted.

Check Out the Competition

Determine what your competition will be and if the market for Short Term Rentals might already be saturated. 

Do a Test Airbnb Guest Search

Go onto Airbnb as a guest and search the name of your town for other properties close to yours. Do they come up easily? If you are located too far from the nearest town/city, your listing may not appear in guest searches on the map on Airbnb. This may limit your ability to get bookings.

Experienced Co-Host & Airbnb Ambassador Program

As was already mentioned by @Helen3 , an experienced Co-Host will really help you once you feel you have covered all the preliminary bases and are ready to list. Airbnb has an ambassador program that can pair you with an experienced Superhost until you get your first booking as well.

Best wishes to you!