I would NEVER use Evolve to rent a house - They stole our money

Robyn531
Level 1
Peoria, AZ

I would NEVER use Evolve to rent a house - They stole our money

I would never use Evolve for any vacation rental.  I am currently fighting to get my $3k back. I will disputing it with my credit card company, BBB, and an attorney if necessary.   We had our family reunion trip planned for a year. The day we were suppose to fly out for our trip/reunion our flight was cancelled due to the global CrowdStrike outage.  We were devastated, to say the least.  We tried everything in our power to find another flight out on ANY airline.  There was absolutely nothing.  We were left no choice  but to cancel our vacation.  We got refunded from our car rental, flight and other hotel stay with no issue.  They understood our situation .  However, Evolve showed no such understanding.  They refused to refund any money.  Their policy also states they will give you a “ credit” to use towards another future vacation.  That was not offered either.  They refused to honor that policy as well.  They literally stole our money and provided no service.  Ive emailed them several times and get no response.  The only way I have had any communication answered is when I do a chat on their site.  Then they tell me to email in with further complaint issues but then no one responds.  I would steer clear of this company at all costs. 

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Robyn531 Whilst not a fan of Evolve I do think that you need to consider the other side of this issue. The owner of the property will, potentially, have mortgage payments and other costs associated with running the place. As such how is it fair on them to refund money just because you didn't take out travel insurance? 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Robyn531 

I'm glad you were refunded by your other travel companies perhaps their cancellation policies were more flexible. @Robyn531 

Im not a fan of Evolve either but it's not reasonable for you to expect the host to be put of pocket because you were unable to travel . 

Airbnb would have processed any cancellation under the cancellation policy you booked under.

I'm a little confused as to why you aren't claiming on your travel insurance to cover the cost of the Airbnb you planned to stay in

if Evolve offered you a credit which is not forthcoming I would file a claim in your small claims court .