Income loss protection winter update 2021

Joshua646
Level 2
Hancock, MD

Income loss protection winter update 2021

To all this concerns,

I feel tricked by the false sense of assurance Airbnb provides. They say that you get income loss protection? How come I needed to contact three different customer reps and was ignored or belittled each time. It took 3 weeks before my claim accepted the income loss protection... Only to find out my guest was being billed for this service. Airbnb should not advertise income loss protection as a service they provide when in fact they are hunting money from the guests. Also, how can I make a damage claim and avoid a retaliatory 1 star review? The guest enjoyed their stay but is bitter with Airbnb damage claim... Is there any assurance given to a host who processes a damage claim that they won't receive a retaliatory review?

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Joshua646 I am confused by the bit where you say 'The guest enjoyed their stay but is bitter with Airbnb damage claim'. Surely it is your damage claim? 

Fernando1561
Level 5
Sarasota, FL

making  a claim  for sure you will  got a retaliatory review and airbnb still agrees doing nothing about it

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I'm rather confused @Joshua646 . If guests caused damage to your place then of course Airbnb should seek to recover the cost of the damage from them.

why do you feel your guests shouldn't pay for the damage they cause? 

Stephen1004
Level 7
Los Angeles, CA

Hi Joshua,

Fernando's answer is unfortunately accurate.  Airbnb may process your claim but will most likely not do anything about the retaliatory review, even thought they said it would be easier to removed these reviews.  Airbnb's policy statements are often ignored by Customer Service. 

Stephen