KYC "Update" Withholding Payouts December 2023

Drury1
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

KYC "Update" Withholding Payouts December 2023

We have had our AirBnB payments suspended for 1 month+, because apparently our KYC form is missing information. However, when we go to upload the "missing" information, we are met with a holding page that states all information has been submitted. I have raised multiple cases with Customer Service, who assure us that the case has been escalated (to a seemingly nameless entity, with no contact information available/ who do not even return calls, despite multiple requests). This entity is apparently the compliance team, but when you ask to be transferred to this team, its existence is completely denied. Some of these customer service agents have admitted this is a known bug on their end, but they are "powerless" to do anything practical.

The so called customer service department are woeful- merely a holding space for similarly frustrated Superhosts- with no real authority or accountability- in fact, they exhibit the type of behaviour that, were we to mimic here at our property, would have our Superhost status docked immediately. Pretty ironic and extremely frustrating (if I am thanked for my "patience" one more time...).

If anyone has found a way to contact said nameless entity and resume payouts, please do let us know: we are too small a company for this not to have a huge financial impact, at an already stressful time of year.

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Drury1 ! I am so sorry to hear about the payment concerns and hope it has been resolved since you last posted.🌻 

Do share with us in case you still need any help with this.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhumika-

Thanks for your reply. I eventually reached an Account Manager (after 47 separate attempts), who was able to assist with unblocking the KYC form. As we suspected, it was a bug on AirBnB's side, causing this to glitch- and resulting in a huge amount of stress on our end.

I can see multiple people in similar situations on this forum, so do hope this is escalated and investigated appropriately by AirBnB.

Thanks

Emma