Lack of New Reservations

Kathy1086
Level 2
Berkeley Heights, NJ

Lack of New Reservations

Hello all! 
Since Airbnb  has added categories and other recent “improvements” my reservations have dried up. Maybe it’s just the holiday season slow down but I haven’t even had an inquiry in three weeks. Anyone else? 

36 Replies 36
Michael5047
Level 6
West Palm Beach, FL

@Kathy1086 

Same here!!!!

Mike from West Palm

Kathy, I have had only one weekend booked in Oct and one in Nov with Airbnb. Now 2 booking for Dec, but nothing like last year. It is starting to pick up for Jan-March, but I had to lower prices drastically here too.

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

Same here. Bookings slowed WAY down after the summer release, but still trickled in. However, I haven't had a booking since early November and although my area slows down a bit during this time, it's very unusual to not receive any bookings at all. (based on almost 5 years of Airbnb history with my listings)

Same! What is going on. How do we reach the CEO!

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

@Kathy1086...Hi..yep, I'm down over $5000 dollars this yr.  Just last week I counted my bookings since the summer release, 20 since June.  Honestly, I was pretty booked up spring into Aug, I noticed I was getting booked, but still had most of summer booked.  I happened to be on here when a conversation posted, something to the effect of...from stupid to ridiculous, that got my attention.  It was all about the summer release and more over the addiction of categories.  Have you seen the new commercials, they too are leading guests to OMG! one asked if you were looking for a spectacular pool...well I am now.  I'm adding my listing to vrbo, without the calendar sync, just seen another comment here about being double booked because of an abnb glitch, I'll keep track of my own bookings myself.

I hope everyone here sees their bookings start rolling in again, I used to get 2-3 every few days, now I'm lucky to get one every few weeks.  And they can't blame it on my location, I'm 5 mins from what the 500,000 tourist come to the area for, nature, which isn't even a category.  I've recently started suggesting to Admin, there should be a Nature Lovers category.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Kathy1086  I don't know about where you live but in Europe we are in the middle of a major recession. Combine this with many markets being oversaturated and it's hardly surprising that demand is falling. 

have you checked demand and supply in your location? 

Cheryl166
Level 2
Fish Camp, CA

Not to keep adding to this problem, but our listing completely dried up including a property that Airbnb chose to feature in their new and improved format. Not one true Bed and Breakfast in our area is even an option. What is going on???? I have so many hosts and owners reaching to me asking if I know whats going on!!! We've hired a marketing manager and he can't figure it out either. We are in a very popular vacation area of Yosemite National Park and Bass Lake! Both have just stopped cold!!! I want answers...